Will Season 6 be the last? (Discuss I guess?)

Started by LostSanity, 2015 Jul 26, 18:26:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

To be honest... I'm not sure if this deserves it's own thread or should be posted elsewhere. But I guess I'll just make a new thread and the mods can decide what's best.

Anyway...

I'm not sure how many of you guys are like me and visit multiple MLP: FiM forums, but, I do. 5 specifically. I also check Equestria Daily pretty much daily.

What I've seen recently is... well...

I've seen a lot of sentiment lately that due to the way the show is currently being treated by Discovery Family, the way-to-many hiatuses, and the fact that the ratings this season have been less than what they used to be...

That it may not get past Season 6, making Season 6 the last.

Keep in mind I'm just repeating what I've seen on other MLP: FiM boards and Equestria Daily comments. There's nothing to prove or disprove this.

When you think about it though, I guess all shows do have to come to an end eventually.

It might be better if Season 6 is the last season with the 2017 movie possibly acting as a "series finale."

Besides, I don't want this show, which has some pretty AMAZING moments, to become drawn out like other shows like Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, etc.

That's just me though I suppose.

:s

What do all of you guys think?

Will Season 6 be the last MLP: FiM season?
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Jcfraven

I forget the source of this, but I believe MLP was confirmed some time ago to at least Season 8 or 9, though I forget where that was and if it still applies(if it ever did).

More about what I think: In my opinion, I would love it if the movie acted as a series finale after Season 6, perhaps incorporating something that still has been striking my curiosity for a while. A tweet by Megan McCarthy stated that "Twilight will not outlive her friends", which either means they'll all become alicorns, some power will bind them forever in the mortal realm, or some horrid fate is to become to our beloved purple alicorn. I think that a movie acting as a wrap-up of the series could incorporate the last explanation of the tweet, something that disbands their joint powers, and bringing Equestria to a new age, of what I have no idea. While I could ramble further, I've gone a tad bit off-topic.

Basically, to sum it up: Season 6 being the last would be fine for me, with the movie being the finale.

One last note though, do you feel that they should do something like "My Little Pony: Friendship Tales"(horrible name, just came up with it for example), exploring Equestria from different perspectives post-FIM? Equestria reaches far and wide, and a possibility of other nations would open up even more. Having a series dedicated to telling stories of different events, and trials/tribulations of background characters, or even new ones, would be a fascinating idea, in my opinion. If Season 6 was the end of this MLP universe as we know it, that'd be far too much wasted potential.

What do you think about what I stated in my large thing of text? Didn't expect it to be so long.

LostSanity

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Jul 26, 19:37:59
I forget the source of this, but I believe MLP was confirmed some time ago to at least Season 8 or 9, though I forget where that was and if it still applies(if it ever did).

More about what I think: In my opinion, I would love it if the movie acted as a series finale after Season 6, perhaps incorporating something that still has been striking my curiosity for a while. A tweet by Megan McCarthy stated that "Twilight will not outlive her friends", which either means they'll all become alicorns, some power will bind them forever in the mortal realm, or some horrid fate is to become to our beloved purple alicorn. I think that a movie acting as a wrap-up of the series could incorporate the last explanation of the tweet, something that disbands their joint powers, and bringing Equestria to a new age, of what I have no idea. While I could ramble further, I've gone a tad bit off-topic.

Basically, to sum it up: Season 6 being the last would be fine for me, with the movie being the finale.

One last note though, do you feel that they should do something like "My Little Pony: Friendship Tales"(horrible name, just came up with it for example), exploring Equestria from different perspectives post-FIM? Equestria reaches far and wide, and a possibility of other nations would open up even more. Having a series dedicated to telling stories of different events, and trials/tribulations of background characters, or even new ones, would be a fascinating idea, in my opinion. If Season 6 was the end of this MLP universe as we know it, that'd be far too much wasted potential.

What do you think about what I stated in my large thing of text? Didn't expect it to be so long.

It's cool. I read it.  :P

I pretty much agree. To be honest, I wouldn't mind some sort of side-series and would probably watch it as long as it wasn't Equestria Girls related.

frío

I hope its not as i am Enjoying the show by So!
A nomad, tired from wandering.

LostSanity

I'm unsure now due to the what I've decided to dub "The Starlight Glimmer Situation"

:s

frío

The Starlight Glimmer situation is terrible....They should have waited instead of BOOM take my pony!
if you know what i mean

McClaw

IIRC, the standard for contracts in a TV series (at least when starting a series) is seven years.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

BludSpammd

I'd prefer that the show ended or had spin-off shows from the background characters after the pony movie has premiered.
There is no point in having the same 6 characters get any more development since they're basically guardians of Equestria now.

Of course I said the same thing when season 2 ended, but back then I just wanted the show to end when I thought the show was at its very peak.

Oh well. There is always new fans to please I guess.

frío

Midnight Breeze

Same question is asked every season. Same answer, too: No.

They've said they have plans for the show until at least 2018.

frío

WHY?! i wish it was like a NEVER ending series...but then i will get bored of it D:

Crescent Sun

Hello every pony.

Some spoilers could be inside here, so i'll quote it (maybe someponies haven't seen season 5 and there are some things about season 6)

Spoiler: show
 I don't think 6th season would end, they're just changing the direction. They have turned bad apples into good apples (Diamond Tiara, Discord, Starlight Glimmer) The CMC finally got their cutie marks (and, even if it's a show, even if they're not real, even if im a grown up man, i've cried a lot with this episode and got a proud feeling about them) The "Map" have new undiscovered abilities (Such connecting all of equestria via space/time) the crystal baby (if you know what i mean) and more importantly, new type of ponies, the Bat Ponies living on the mountains (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/08/lauren-fausts-take-on-bat-ponies.html) also, Twilight is still the only princess without guards on the castle, We need to know about applejack parents, we still don't know anything about Scootaloo past and we still are waiting to see her fly, we haven't seen chrysalis kingdom (remember she didn't died as, for example, king sombra) and also, an episode "meeting" starswirl the bearded (maybe twillight travel past to get an important spell from him lost in time) i think MLP have tons of things to show, tons of things to offer and tons of people following/loving it. it's a good business for hasbro, and the pony sellings haven't been so good in decades. not just "Girls" buy them, grown up people buys them, the "BronyCon: The Documentary" proyect got in donations near half a million of dollars. that never hapend in history with... anything, no tv show had that repercussion. people loving it, hating it, whatever it be, people speaks about it, go into YouTube and you will see a pony face avatar on every video.

Also, as ever, i'm sorry, not native english and i could make some mistakes. my apologies.

frío

OtakuMegane

2016 Feb 19, 19:04:46 #13 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 20, 12:06:03 by OtakuMegane
In its current form largely focused on the Mane 6 the show probably has a good season, maybe two left but after that it needs to have shifted more towards new characters and storylines (which seems to be what's happening anyway). The original characters are about as developed as they're going to get aside from Twilight learning about being a princess. There is however a whole world and quite a few characters that are wide open for development and new stories. FiM can and hopefully will continue for a long time yet, it just needs to change along the way so it's not simply the original format being run into the ground.
I'm an adult. I do what I want.

LostSanity

To be honest...

I'd be okay with S6 being the last season and the 2017 movie being the de-facto "series finale." Assuming of course the 2017 movie is pony only and decent. Which hopefully it will be.

But if there are more seasons that's fine too. It's all fine with me. More for me to watch and enjoy and sometimes have controversial opinions about.  lol

frío

i can Imagen the last episode of everybodys oc in dancing away

GumballFan

I don't think so. I remember seeing that MLP will run until 2019, so we still got a long way to go.  ^-^

ShadowTheCoolPony

I don't think so.
And if it is..

THE END IS NEIGH. D:
sorry

Go Up