When the gods arrived... (Gothic Lovecraftian MLP roleplay)

Started by thexcrimsonxghostie, 2015 Apr 24, 16:12:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

thexcrimsonxghostie

2015 Apr 24, 16:12:12 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 08, 20:02:39 by thexcrimsonxghostie
*UPDATE* The Sign-up thread has been removed. We'll have to post the profiles on this thread. But maybe you should copy it as a signature or in your personal profile, too. *UPDATE*

Build your character and use original 3d6: http://www.pathguy.com/cthulhu.htm

-

I remember the day the sun was ripped from the sky...

I recall the tragedy...

The terror we'd seen when the malign powers came from both depths and heights from their domiciles of the cosmos. Such as it was when the gods came to our land of Equestria and beyond our borders. Such as it was they would take our matrons like savage winds ripping swiftly across the landscape and into grim fate. Yay, those terrible days when the gods arrived!

The madness on the faces of all who bore witness was like an infectious plague as the Great Old Ones with the Deep ones gripped not only our minds, but our very way of life as we had known only for a brief time....

annosrules

((Tread carefully, this RP I on thin ice when it comes to forum rules))

thexcrimsonxghostie

((It's gonna be more like the Woman in Black. Lots of terror without having to use copious amounts of blood to scare people))

annosrules

((How do you want this RP to begin? We have a setting, but theirs no hook for characters to become introduced))

thexcrimsonxghostie

((I edited the first post with a link to a Call of Cthulu character builder. I'm gonna build mine and then we'll begin.))

waaaaaaah

(first of all, I've wanted to do an rp like this for a long time, so thanks for starting one :)

second, regarding the character generator: I have no idea what most of the choices are for, since I never played Call of Cthulhu. What level do we start at, which are the magic classes, and other things you might want to mention)
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

thexcrimsonxghostie

2015 Apr 29, 21:39:40 #6 Last Edit: 2015 May 04, 20:33:33 by thexcrimsonxghostie
Better yet character builders are just gonna complicate things. Everyone gets 100 pts to alot between eight stats. and give a backstory with a short bio and your character's alignment.

STRENGTH - 12
overall strength and adds to combat damage after dice roll. Allows player to perform physically daunting tasks.
INTELLIGENCE - 14
Learning aptitude, ability to read, conversation and ingenuity. facilitates the use of black magic
WISDOM- 16
overall spiritual knowledge, adds to mana, and sixth sense. facilitates the use of psychic abilities
DEXTERITY- 09
Accuracy and attention to detail. allows users extra rolls of 1d6 in combat and facilitates lock-picking
ENDURANCE- 14
Resistance to damage and Agony from critical strikes as well as hunger, cold, fatigue and heat.
CONSTITUTION- 12
Resistance to poison, sickness, and
AGILITY- 09
overall speed and ability to move quickly and silently. Facilitates theft, stealth, and acrobatics
STABILITY- 12
overall sanity. after reaching zero the player loses control of the character.

Lumine - Benevolent Neutral

Lumine served as a cleric before the invasion and lived a humble life in his vicarage until that day. Fortunately, he lived away from mass cities and coastline which gave him time to fortify himself in his home as he went about his usual study of holy texts and even researching anything he could find regarding occultism and everything to do with the the invading creatures, especially Cthulu, Dagon, and Nyarlahotep. All the while he was able to tap into the his minds greater potential and sharpen his psychic aptitude and was able to sense and converse with spirits while sensing other's presences. Still, he needed to further enhance his abilities if he was to try and defend himself against these wicked gods and their minions. (Knowledge of religion and occultism with Dead Speak and Sense)

annosrules

((Are we following D&D style classes, or just making stuff up?))

waaaaaaah

(I think you should make a sign-up thread with the character creation explained there)
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs

thexcrimsonxghostie

2015 May 02, 22:16:06 #9 Last Edit: 2015 May 04, 20:34:58 by thexcrimsonxghostie
Quote from: annosrules on 2015 Apr 29, 21:44:51
((Are we following D&D style classes, or just making stuff up?))

Were just gonna improvise. But, I'll make a sign up thread.

Post Merge

I'll start the game when we're ready... anyone else can jump in as we play along.

thexcrimsonxghostie

((Lumine))

Lumine had rushed home a quick as he could caper as the ill yellow of Luna's previous domicile sailed across the skies. The cleric had lost track of time when he was about and now had to make haste before the Night Gaunts would seek him out. Their cries could be heard hither and thither as he'd tried ever stealthily to get to his cottage in the woods in the ebon sea of shades from the night about him. However, being a clairvoyant, he was able to sense them and track their movements about the dark... although 'twere laborious to say the least. In trying to preserve his mana, he used it in short bursts much like that of a Radar system, which in and of itself wasn't too effective where his Dead Speak ability allowed him to hear and talk to the dead who would guide him to safety... that is if they were of the amiable kind.

But, somewhere he'd heard a horrid screaming followed by the inequine wails of the Night Gaunts...

((mana 16-4=12))

waaaaaaah

(Hmm, I'm not completely clear about things, but I'll try to manage it. Also, I need to read more of the Cthulhu Mythos)

Book Keeper paused her walk amongst the dark forest. Ever since the the Great Old Ones had returned, she had done what she could to find more information about them. Her hopes lay in the direction of sending them back to the void whence they came, but progress was slow, too slow to be of any help during her lifetime.

Those screams...she shivered at the implications. Night Gaunts. She was pretty capable of protecting herself, but that didn't mean that she didn't fear for her life. She was about to move, when she felt the faintest touch of mana upon her skin.

Somepony was out there. If there were Night Gaunts involved, then it was someone living...and more likely than not, someone who needed help. She quickly hurried away towards the source of the mana she had felt.
-Me

My OCs

thexcrimsonxghostie

Against Lumine's better judgement he rushed toward the screaming...

Lumine would natrually avoid conflict all together, but something drove him towards the horrid noise. He'd dashed over creeks and through thickets to find this distressed victim. Whether it was from knowing there was life out there, or the need to save a life... he was unsure; yet, as he galloped on the wings of the wind voices urged and pleaded with him to reconsider.

waaaaaaah

Book Keeper's cloak trailed behind her as she galloped through the woods. She hadn't felt any mana pulses recently; all she had to go on was the general direction of the pulse she had felt. For all she knew, the creature that had emitted it was going in a totally different direction, yet she kept going forward, hoping that she would reach it in time.
-Me

My OCs

thexcrimsonxghostie

Lumine ran fast enough that all became a blur until he'd collided with something that had let out an anguished gasp.

waaaaaaah

Book Keeper galloped headlong into some other creature, and let out a gasp of pain; she saw stars for a moment, before colliding with the ground. As she picked herself up, she shook her head to clear her mind, as this was not the time or place to let her guard slip. Her vision went back into focus, and under the dim light of the moon, she saw figure garbed in what seemed to be a cleric's robes.

"Hey! Are you alright?" she asked, keeping her distance. In these dark times, it was better to be safe than sorry.
-Me

My OCs

thexcrimsonxghostie

Lumine was dazed as a shape called his name. His ears rang from hitting his head against the ground while his vision blurred as he'd staggered about.

waaaaaaah

"Are you alright?" Book Keeper repeated. She slowly removed her rapier from it's sheath, in the event that she would need it.

(btw, what race is your character?)
-Me

My OCs

thexcrimsonxghostie

((I'm an earth pony, but with psychic abilities))

"...home" the groggy pony replied, "I must get home."

waaaaaaah

Book Keeper hesitated for a second more, then moved to help the creature, who seemed to be a male earth pony. There was a limit to how reasonably long she could wait to see if he was a threat or not. She levitated her rapier with her telekinesis, leaving both hooves free, and carefully lifted the pony to his hooves.

"So, you need to go home, huh? Where's that?" she asked.
-Me

My OCs

Go Up