2017 Apr 29, 13:23:25

Author Topic: Hide & Seek in Canterlot/Ponyville IV: We're all equal here!  (Read 1356 times)

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
  • LoE veteran, playing since July 7th 2013!
    • View Profile
Heads high, ponies! Hiding proud!

It is time again, everypony! Time to play Hide & Seek!
It's the fourth weekend of Hide & Seek events and this time we're all equal!
That's right, everypony, on this weekend, me, Starlight Glimmer, will play Hide & Seek with you to bring you even more friendship and harmony!
No pony will be left behind and we will meet us all together at the train station in Canterlot!
Here is the time of our equal event:

Purpose = We're playing Hide & Seek together all equally and have equal fun.

Time and Place = The train station in Canterlot at 08:00 PM EST on Saturday.

And here are the rules of our equal event:

=    Because we're all equal in our beautiful, little village, you all get to seek and I will hide in every round, to guarantee you all equal fun!

=    We don't need the abilities we are born with to play, so we will all play without flying, teleporting and sprinting.

=    The time limit for every round is exactly ten minutes. If you haven't found me by then, we will return to the train station before I will be hiding for you again.

=    Everypony in our midst who breaks one of our rules will spend some wonderful time in House 101 to see the light again!

And this is all, everypony! Come all with me to equally play Hide & Seek, everyone of you!

= Starlight Glimmer

And if all of this is a little bit too equal for you, I will still held two normal events with Scootaloo, with the normal rules! Meeting Point is, of course, the train station in Canterlot as always! Here are the dates:

What: Playing Hide & Seek and finding partners to do so

Where: Train Station in Canterlot

When: Friday at 08:00 PM EST (Cancelled, since the first day was unplayable for me ono) and Sunday at 12:00 PM EST

And because you voted for it, we will from now on play at two places: Canterlot AND Ponyville! Only Starlight Glimmer's special equality event will only happen in Canterlot, but the normal events will switch the location over to Ponyville after some rounds, like we did already in February as a test case!

The server I will held the events on, including Starlight Glimmer's event, will be Griffonia for now, but is subject to change depending on it how good it works. Keep an eye out in the global ingame chat and on the thread here for announcements so that you won't miss Scootaloo!
And don't hesitate to come to the train station anytime, even on Saturday! Despite Starlight Glimmer's event, it will always be the meeting place to find Hide & Seek players, on every server!

If you want to reminisce on the last event or if you are new and curious about it, here's the thread for it with all the screenshots:

http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=14275.0

Scootaloo can't wait to see all of you again, everypony! Come all to play with her and make her happy!
Until tomorrow, everypony! 0:)

Time to bring these events to a conclusion..... I'm sorry that I can't offer full-blown reports for them.
There is enough material to do this, but I don't have time for it anymore. I want to give these events a conclusion before the LAR happens, because then I will host Hide & Seek events regularly and this won't leave me time to conclude the old events anymore.
But there are still some things I want to show you guys.....
Both of the events we had on this weekend were recorded; one by me, the other one by Blue Cloud, and I link both of them here so that you can relive your memories of the happy times we had together:

Starlight Glimmer's Equality Hide & Seek Event - Part 1

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzjdG7AG_JY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzjdG7AG_JY</a>

Starlight Glimmer's Equality Hide & Seek Event - Part 2

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G_6X5rV3SU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G_6X5rV3SU</a>

Scootaloo's Hide & Seek Event - Part 1 (Video generously provided by Blue Cloud, aka MMTfan1!)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uVUd6UrgZA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uVUd6UrgZA</a>

Scootaloo's Hide & Seek Event - Part 2 (Video generously provided by Blue Cloud, aka MMTfan1!)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ_9Ucr_aBQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ_9Ucr_aBQ</a>

And there is more! Since I can't write full reports for the events, I created Imgur albums and uploaded all the screenshots of the events into them:

Starlight Glimmer's Equality Hide & Seek Event screenshots

Scootaloo's Hide & Seek Event screenshots

And of course, here's the group photo we made at the end of the event in front of the library:

And this wraps this event up! Thank you for joining Scootaloo, everypony! 0:)
« Last Edit: 2016 Dec 09, 21:28:12 by CMC Scootaloo »
If you want to meet Scootaloo, be on the lookout for her during OSWs!

Offline FloraFlashFly

• I'm more inactive in this than I am lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Hide & Seek in Canterlot/Ponyville IV: We're all equal here!
« Reply #1 on: 2015 Apr 09, 13:07:39 »
That sounds amazing!  ^-^

I'll be there probably :3c
yee

Offline Cryptic-Dash

• FIRE THE BASS CANNON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015 Apr 09, 13:25:27 »
This sounds like fun  ^-^
I shall also try and be there... need to figure the times into GMT though  o.O

« Reply #3 on: 2015 Apr 09, 13:34:17 »
That sounds good! I'll try to be there, no guarantees though as the Friday and Saturday start times conflict with my normal dinner time.  I'll try to remember to eat early if I am to have a shot at playing those days.  There shouldn't be any problems with me making Sunday's event unless I sleep in too late. 

My time zone is MST btw, so Friday and Saturday's events will begin at 6 PM, and 10 AM for Sunday's event. 

Regardless, I can't wait for the OSW to begin, and I hope I can play hide and seek with you and everyone else.  :)

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015 Apr 09, 20:29:10 »
@FloraFlashFly

That sounds amazing!  ^-^

I'll be there probably :3c

@Cryptic-Dash

This sounds like fun  ^-^
I shall also try and be there... need to figure the times into GMT though  o.O

Thanks for trying to attend you two! Scootaloo looks forward to meeting new ponies in her event! 0:)

@MMTfan1

That sounds good! I'll try to be there, no guarantees though as the Friday and Saturday start times conflict with my normal dinner time.  I'll try to remember to eat early if I am to have a shot at playing those days.  There shouldn't be any problems with me making Sunday's event unless I sleep in too late. 

My time zone is MST btw, so Friday and Saturday's events will begin at 6 PM, and 10 AM for Sunday's event. 

Regardless, I can't wait for the OSW to begin, and I hope I can play hide and seek with you and everyone else.  :)

Hey, Blue Cloud! 0:)

Great that you want to come again! I wish I could make the dates for the events fitting for everyone, but unfortunately that's not possible.....
I hope you manage it to come!

Offline Particlemane

• Writing Leader
  • Storytellers make the worlds go 'round.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015 Apr 09, 22:08:06 »
Hmm... you may want to limit sprinting for us earth-bounders. Our walking speed is about the same as anypony else's running speed.

The Storyteller's symbol is a book, for without the story itself, there would be nothing to tell. The lines are the breath, the storyteller's medium. The center is a heart, for without heart, the story dies.

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015 Apr 10, 00:31:33 »
@Particlemane

Hmm... you may want to limit sprinting for us earth-bounders. Our walking speed is about the same as anypony else's running speed.

Congratulations, Particlemane! You have learned our philosophy very fast!
Let's celebrate Particlemane, everypony!

« Reply #7 on: 2015 Apr 10, 17:11:25 »
What server are you going to be on?

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015 Apr 10, 17:17:00 »
@FireForged

What server are you going to be on?

Not any server currently, sorry. I'm not able to get into the game since the OSW started. :c
From what it looks now, I will probably cancel the first Hide & Seek event, since it's less than three hours until it and once I finally get into the game I need to chill and relax first and I want to do some exploring too.
Sorry for the issues, but I can't do anything about it. :'(

« Reply #9 on: 2015 Apr 10, 17:22:54 »
Ok  ^-^

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2015 Apr 10, 18:18:54 »
Sorry, everypony, but I have no choice then to cancel the first Hide & Seek event. ono
I have decided to use the February client now to get into the game, as the clients from this time still don't work, but I need to relax and chill for some time now and I also want to explore a little and do random stuff.
The other two events will still be held, if nothing else shattering happens, be it on server side or client side.
Sorry, everypony, the circumstances don't allow it better right now.
I hope, though, that the devs decide to stretch the OSW out to Monday, because this first day is such a desaster that most players can't even get into the game.
If that is the case, I will definitely hold another Hide & Seek event on Monday!
See you in the game, everypony! 0:)

Offline CrazymattCaptain

• The Crazy Pink Pony of The Brony Show
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2015 Apr 12, 01:58:55 »
gah! due to computer issues and my sleep schedule I've missed the first few and will probably sleep through the last one.  D:

well darn. hope it's tons of fun! <3
The Crazy Pink Pony of The Brony Show
CrazymattCaptain
thebronyshow.net

Offline VespiDragon8

• We have reached the Future! Happy 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2015 Apr 12, 02:14:12 »

I'm not sure if it was in this, but I think I was in a Hide & Seek & that sometimes I ruin their hideouts. I was not playing, but while exploring saw that several ponies were hidden in places few common & looking some reviews of chat in the game, think I ruin their game a little :facehoof: . Although this was in Cloudopolis, bone, another Hide & Seek organized by another group of ponies, I guess.

But, at some point I would like to participate in some Hide & Seek.

Offline Julien999

• "Ponies are better than humans? How?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2015 Apr 12, 03:33:26 »
Sunday 12:00 PM EST... on my side is CEST, which mean... 12+7=19 hours=7:00 PM CEST here! :I
Maybe I will come for your event (not sure if I really can).

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2015 Apr 12, 09:20:27 »
@CrazymattCaptain

gah! due to computer issues and my sleep schedule I've missed the first few and will probably sleep through the last one.  D:

well darn. hope it's tons of fun! <3

You're not the only one. I missed my own first event due to the issues with the clients on the first day. ono
I REALLY hope they will make this event one day longer, like they did in July 2013 because of similar issues there on day one, that made the game unplayable for most players on the first day. o.O

@VespiDragon8

I'm not sure if it was in this, but I think I was in a Hide & Seek & that sometimes I ruin their hideouts. I was not playing, but while exploring saw that several ponies were hidden in places few common & looking some reviews of chat in the game, think I ruin their game a little :facehoof: . Although this was in Cloudopolis, bone, another Hide & Seek organized by another group of ponies, I guess.

But, at some point I would like to participate in some Hide & Seek.

I don't think you have really ruined something for them. As long as you weren't telling their hideouts in the chat, everything is fine. ^-^
And Scootaloo would love it if you would come to her event. 0:)

@Julien999

Sunday 12:00 PM EST... on my side is CEST, which mean... 12+7=19 hours=7:00 PM CEST here! :I

Scootaloo waits for you. 0:)

Offline FloraFlashFly

• I'm more inactive in this than I am lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2015 Apr 12, 09:35:06 »
 You're making one today? If so in how many hours? My computer can't charge and if there is one i nay miss it :c
yee

Offline Cryptic-Dash

• FIRE THE BASS CANNON
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2015 Apr 12, 09:41:07 »

Sad thing is the Sunday 12pm EST translates to 4-5am GMT... Sleep shall not be required  X3
Also what server are you usually on?

Offline Julien999

• View Profile
Re: Hide & Seek in Canterlot/Ponyville IV: We\'re all equal here!
« Reply #17 on: 2015 Apr 12, 09:44:12 »
Scootaloo waits for you. 0:)
Thank you, Scoots. When you're not on the server, we played hide and seek but there was only us 3 here at Sweet Apple... But it's fun anyway. Screenshot (I can finally post a screenshot, maybe):
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/15/1428845477-041220151149081783.png

Post Merge
Sad thing is the Sunday 12pm EST translates to 4-5am GMT... Sleep shall not be required  X3
Also what server are you usually on?
What server? Griffonia.
« Last Edit: 2015 Apr 12, 09:46:30 by Julien999 »

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Hide & Seek in Canterlot/Ponyville IV: We\'re all equal here!
« Reply #18 on: 2015 Apr 12, 10:18:56 »
@Julien999

Thank you, Scoots. When you're not on the server, we played hide and seek but there was only us 3 here at Sweet Apple... But it's fun anyway.

Oh, so you made a replacement event for mine on Friday? That touches me! Thanks! 0:)

I would love to see all of the screenshots and the video (if there is one) of this event. I will publish every footage of it here, with crediting you as the organizer. ^-^
« Last Edit: 2015 Apr 12, 10:22:52 by CMC Scootaloo »

Offline Julien999

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2015 Apr 12, 10:33:46 »

Oh, so you made a replacement event for mine on Friday? That touches me! Thanks! 0:)

I would love to see all of the screenshots and the video (if there is one) of this event. I will publish every footage of it here, with crediting you as the organizer. ^-^
Thanks! ^-^ But I don't need to be a organizer and it's not me that have this idea. When we going to hide somewhere, I'm stuck and they found me in a weird position :l (I hope they take a screenshot of me flying as a earth pony). And there was no video (I think). :c

Edit: It's today.
« Last Edit: 2015 Apr 12, 10:38:24 by Julien999 »