Arguably original OC(s). [Updated! Again!]

Started by Stryder221, 2015 Mar 02, 03:41:33

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stryder221

2015 Mar 02, 03:41:33 Last Edit: 2016 May 19, 02:28:01 by Stryder221
So, since just about everyone else and their little shaggy dogs made one or two and posted them here, here's a character (Not too sure if I could call him original, though.). One other has already been made, but will be kept a secret until some dramatic reveal later down the line. and has been posted here as well.

Anyway, if anyone here could kindly provide me with advice on how to possibly improve this perfection mess, I'll listen. Or read. Point is, I'll love like and maybe tolerate constructive criticism.
I probably forgot something because I just want this posted since it's just been wasting away in my documents folder and I just want it out here right now while I have the guts to do so.

Well, enough of my nonsense, you wanted to see a pony! Or something. Maybe. Why would you click if you didn't?

Name: Great and Powerful Grand Illusion.
Alternate Name: Finnian Serégon. (What, you think he had the other name from birth? You're funny.)

Appearance: A rather thin, lithe individual, easily mistaken for female due to somewhat less than masculine features, particularly in the face. He has a yellow body that seems slightly green with bright, seemingly golden short mane and medium tail. Hooves are a brown color. Horn appears abnormally sharp. Wears a light green vest. Wears green hairpieces that look almost like horns. Is always seen with his eyes closed, and often with a smile on his face.

Spoiler: Less text, moar Pone • show

Appearance made using the pony creator and a little editing; Pony creator found here: http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904
Mark is an image shamelessly lifted from here: http://yzzif.deviantart.com/art/Kitsune-Emblem-29937100

Race: Unicorn.

Talent: As one of his names suggest, Finn is a natural when it comes to illusions, though he is an actor at heart. Sounds, sights, smells, anything that can fool the mind and senses, Finn can do it, even if it appears to break the laws of reality. What's kind of scary is that he usually doesn't even need the fancy magic to pull wool over the eyes of most ponies; Magic or no magic, he's an actor, and a darn good one.

Other Skills: Though he is primarily an illusionist, he is not helpless in other areas concerning magic. From time to time, Finn has been found baking various sweets, mostly for himself, and sometimes just for the heck of it. (His Red Velvet Marble Cupcakes in particular are quite exquisite when he gets the chance to make them.)
He also knows a little bit of first aid; it's somewhat of a necessity for anyone that travels. It should also be noted that he has a pretty good singing voice though he rarely uses it. He has also practiced flashy acrobatic maneuvers, both to stave off boredom and/or implement into his acts.

Personality: Finn's personality is, well... Different, but thankfully not to any sort of extreme. He's friendly almost to a fault, though, but delightfully polite and well-mannered... Most of the time. He is incredibly cheery, loves to joke around and sometimes read or write, but is incredibly lazy, preferring sleep to actually working, especially if that work requires too much physical effort. He also gets bored easily. When not napping he enjoys, as stated, reading, but can oftentimes be seen practicing his magic or, occasionally, cooking and baking. When he does practice his magic, though... More than once has a pony suddenly come across a complete mess worthy of certain chaotic beings who will not be named, along with Finn cackling like a mad-mare, only for him to awkwardly and abruptly stop upon noticing he was being watched. One can only be thankful the mess is never real.

When excited... Oh boy... You probably don't want Finn excited. Once it happens to a sufficient degree, or he has a sugar rush, he starts bouncing off the walls and performing stunts breaking the laws of reality, much in the same vein as... Uh, never mind. Even without the rush, he believes in some kind of "fourth wall"; complete nonsense, of course, but nothing has been able to convince him of that.

Not one being has ever seen the illusionist when he's angry; Some ponies even go so far as to assume he can't ever get more than a bit annoyed. However, Finn himself has stated that an angry him is something you never, EVER, want to see.

TL;DR: Social butterfly in almost every way, minor bookworm, lazy, enjoys his magic, a complete nightmare when he gets too happy, and just plain horrifying if mad.
It's easy to befriend him, but earning his loyalty is another story, though it's unshakeable when you finally do.

Bio: Finn's story is, as he says, only mildly interesting. Coming from what he claims is a family of well-known magicians, he was under constant pressure to do well, and he tried everything to do as well as he was expected to.  Mundane skills aside, he attempted magic of all kinds in his little crusade; offensive magic, fire balls, lightning bolts, magic shields... Heck, he even tried to raise a sun at one point; A miniature recreation orbiting around a spinning globe, but a sun nonetheless... That particular experiment ended with a puddle of molten material, his tail set on fire, and his aunt to go completely mute for three weeks.

Desperate, he tried to make one from scratch; The idea was that he'd make a fake mark for himself via magic, slap that on, and stick with it for the rest of his life. What was odd though, is that it actually worked... A bit too well. For a time, he was afraid that his magically inclined family would discover the truth. And they did. Rather than scolding him as he feared, however, his parents praised his efforts, especially with how well he'd cast the spell considering it was his first time using anything like it. It was only then did he realize his talent, and the mark became the real deal. He had the potential to perform the greatest of acts, the grandest of illusions, and his new name would reflect that skill.

Setting out in search of fame and fortune at the age of 16, already a talented illusionist and actor at the time, he hoped for a grand adventure worthy of legend. The most he'd ever gotten out of his travels so far was being foal-napped by diamond dogs a few weeks after setting out. He escaped, of course.

That's about as much information as he'll give. After asking, he claimed that the rest of his story is boring and uninteresting, and afterward muttered, and I quote, "that my writer is an incompetent sap who couldn't write a more interesting back-story if his life depended on it.", at which point he was assaulted by a flying newspaper for no explainable reason.

You still paying attention? Because the wall of text ends here.

Misc: Incredibly protective of any sweets he may or may not make; He's downright paranoid something will eat them right from under his nose half the time. For your own sake, don't try it.
Can't be trusted at restaurants when accompanied by others, as he 'mysteriously' vanishes without paying every time without fail.
Don't expect him to use a door.

Pet: Nibbly (AKA: Nibs), A slightly larger than average female brown squirrel that wears a tiny brown satchel. Displays a good amount of intelligence, but is apparently mischievous and overly curious. Can and will deliver mail and small packages if Finn wishes, assuming nothing distracts her mid-journey. Can be bribed befriended with sweets.

Theme (Because reasons): "Random? Moi? Sounds about right..."

------------------------------

Name: Cyrus Serégon.
Nickname: Spell-Breaker.

Appearance: A larger more masculine figure than his brother, Cyrus' coat is a dark shade of yellow, almost brown in color, while his mane and tail are the same golden-ish color as his brother's. Speaking of which, his mane is medium length and almost flowing, clearly well cared for, while his tail is an average size with no real notable traits to it. A chunk of his right ear appears to be missing.
Often seen wearing a light blue vest, and usually has either a bored, grumpy, or plain disinterested expression on his face. Unlike his brother, he prefers to actually keep his eyes open. Said eyes are a dull green color. He could be considered attractive if he wasn't so antisocial...

Spoiler: Less text, moar Pone • show

Appearance made using the pony creator and a little editing; Pony creator found here: http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904
Mark is an image shamelessly lifted from here: http://yzzif.deviantart.com/art/Kitsune-Emblem-29937100

Race: Unicorn.

Talent: Though there is difficulty in telling exactly what PRECISELY his talent is, Cyrus has a knack for dispelling, breaking down, or otherwise picking apart magical enchantments and shielding.

Other skills: While 'spell-breaking', as he calls it, is his specialty, he's still competent in other fields of magic, combat-related magic in particular, and speaking of combat, he is no stranger to it whether it be magical or physical.
In terms of other, potentially less violent skills... He's experienced with first aid, and can sew together simple articles of clothing if they are damaged. Though Cyrus rarely if ever sings, his brother claims he has an amazing singing voice.

Personality: Cyrus is not the nicest pony one can meet, being very antisocial. He's kind enough, sure, but he's completely tactless, brutally honest, often sarcastic, and can harm other's feelings with absurd ease, oftentimes without even knowing. He know this, and often tries to keep quiet unless spoken to. He prides himself on being dependable, and above all else, honorable (though he is pragmatic even with that honor), he won't abandon you if you don't abandon him. However, he can be overconfident in his abilities, and just a little audacious in what he can and can't do; Combine this with a small amount of stubbornness and you can see problems waiting to happen. Despite his usually calm behaviour, he has a slight flair for the dramatic; Whenever he does do something silly, prepare for ham. Large ham.

In short; a good person, but tactless and stubborn.

Bio: Cyrus' story is no more interesting than his brother's, even less so, even. With minor pressure from his family to do well in his studies with magic, Cyrus dove into the books alongside his brother, and was present for the "sun-raising" incident his brother had caused (And had nightmares for a week). Now, imagine his surprise when Finn suddenly began sporting a cutie mark seemingly overnight with little to no fanfare, that was supposedly for having visions in his sleep; a fact that his parents showed absolutely no skepticism over.

After only a few days, he'd had enough, throwing himself into his studies again and searching specifically for how to dispel magic and/or force a pony to tell truths. A week later, he'd finally hit upon a suitable spell to cast on his brother, a simple one to break whatever illusion he'd cast. It worked, and not without any small amount of difficulty, but what he really didn't expect was for the mark to re-appear seconds later. Assuming it was another fake, he cast the spell again, and failed to get rid of it.
It was then that his parents intervened, explaining that they'd known it was fake the whole time, but with how expertly the spell was cast, and how convincing Finn had sounded when explaining his shaky story despite evidence against it, they were convinced that most other, non-magically inclined ponies would've fallen for it. They had said it should've been impossible for colts of their age to cast such a spell, and another spell to break it. And that was how the Serégon brothers earned their marks. While Finn could make the illusions, Cyrus could shatter them and any other magic that would stand in his way, valuable assets for anypony studying magic seriously.

While Finn took to studying magic (mostly) alone and taking acting classes, Cyrus decided he would rather be a protector, for there certainly were enough incidents in Equestria to prove that they were needed wherever other methods may fail. And with that thought in mind, he signed up and soon underwent training for the royal guard. As of now, though, his position remains unknown, at least to his brother. What do you expect when Finn barely keeps in touch?

Misc: Has something of a sweet tooth. Denies everything about it.
Cannot cook. At all. All food made by him tastes like steel, and that's if it isn't charred. Just looking at it makes food enthusiasts openly sob.
Even drinks are not safe. Somehow, he'll burn even liquids.

Pet: None, but Finn's pet Nibbly is fond of him too.

Theme: Well, somepony has to be the responsible one...
Oh, signature? Well, mine's G.I, no Joe at the end. Wait, that's not how this signature thingy works, is it?
Ah well, it's not like anyone pays any actual attention to these things; I'm sure it'll be fine.

Stryder221

[move][glow=blue,2,300]Update! New character![/glow][/move]

Name: Heavy Hitter
Alternate (and preferred) Name: Lorym Ragorma.

Appearance: A pretty tall mare, easily as tall as the likes of Princess Celestia and with a noticeably thicker build to go with it. She has a grey body, with crimson mane and tail, which are both fairly long. Bright amber eyes can also be seen behind the 'curtains'. She doesn't wear much, but can at times be seen wearing a mane-piece made of what seems to be phoenix feathers. Oh... And she's rarely without her hammer if she can help it, a massive block of metal on a pole seemingly intended for Minotaurs rather than ponies.

Spoiler: Less text, moar pone • show

Race: Earth Pony.

Talent: Mechanical Agitation. Impact Calibration. Percussive Maintenance. In other words, everything and anything to do with the fine art of hitting things with a hammer until they either start or stop working. I'm not even joking.

Other Skills: Due to living in such a hostile environment, thought to be unlivable to most, Heavy is a fair bit adept at surviving in such environments, and can easily withstand cold temperatures that would turn most ponies into blocks of ice.

On another note, she is incredibly strong even by Earth Pony standards, and is no stranger to fights... Even if they are something she's been avoiding like a patch of Poison Joke.

Personality: Not at all easy to hold a conversation with. Even if she seems to speak a bit eloquently, her conversation skills are about as good as a boulder's, often too blunt and/or too oblivious to notice any hurt feelings. In fact, she prefers not to speak at all, if at all possible.

Bio: Lorym has a quite questionable history, one that apparently has left no traces of where she's from. The most anyone has known is that it's not Equestria, but some place far into the the frozen north. Perhaps because of this, she finds it difficult to associate with other ponies and vice-versa, speaking very little and only when necessary, with a blunt attitude to boot.

However... I've done a bit of further prying, and I can safely tell you that she's done a fair share of bad things, most notably around the Crystal Empire. Nothing deserving of being sent to Tartarus or anything of the sort, but enough to turn most ponies hostile upon recognition. And she sticks out like a sore hoof.

Fortunately, she somehow managed to find work elsewhere, right in Equestria. As what, exactly? Bodyguard, for a surprisingly reasonable noble-pony who believes in second chances.

Misc: Has a bad habit of appearing right behind ponies, waiting for them to notice rather than make her presence known. Of course, this has resulted in a number of screams.

Theme: "I just want to start a new life, away from that. Is that really so wrong?"
Oh, signature? Well, mine's G.I, no Joe at the end. Wait, that's not how this signature thingy works, is it?
Ah well, it's not like anyone pays any actual attention to these things; I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go Up