What would japan's MLP equivalent be named?

Started by freekyjester, 2015 Mar 01, 23:56:43

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

freekyjester

I was thinking about how real-world places are in MLP, but have a name that references equine terms and was wondering, what would japan be called?

Mizuki

If we're talking about the whole country,  maybe Neighhon? (like Nihon, which is what Japan is called in Japanese)

But for a horse pun take on Tokyo, Osaka, etc, I'm not really sure

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Naura

Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Mizuki on 2015 Mar 02, 00:44:53
If we're talking about the whole country,  maybe Neighhon? (like Nihon, which is what Japan is called in Japanese)

But for a horse pun take on Tokyo, Osaka, etc, I'm not really sure

I thought they called it Nippon, and that's why the land is called Nippon in Okami. o_O
So... Neighpon?

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Mizuki

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 02, 15:47:32
I thought they called it Nippon, and that's why the land is called Nippon in Okami. o_O
So... Neighpon?

You can do it both ways actually :D Though for some reason when I hear Nippon, I think of the Japanese people rather than the country, so I just usually use Nihon. To quote wikipedia:
QuoteJapan (Japanese: 日本 Nippon or Nihon; formally 日本国 Nippon-koku or Nihon-koku, literally "[the] State of Japan")
I guess it depends on how you read or pronounce the kanji?

Though now that you mention it, Neighpon is easier on the eyes than Neighhon is...double H's y'know lol

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Go Up