Open Server Weekend Update

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Jan 24, 14:48:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

Sorry, but I've already given up.

I've already accepted my fate to never be able to play this game ever again.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Black Streak

2015 Jan 25, 16:56:45 #121 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 16:58:55 by Black Streak
Since it is a Pre-Alpha there are going to be problems, so I'm not worried about the game yet. Good work, LoE staff!  :D  0:) Great game! Thanks!   ^-^

Paladin Redflare

An answer on if there's still problems or if it's just me would have helped too.  No matter.... only lucky players will play this weekend, then i'll have to wait another few months and try again.
Paladin Redflare, Giant Pony, (Ten feet tall, Five times the size of an average stallion) Fire Elemental and Paladin of the Goddess of Light, Member of the Order of the Holy Light.  Colors - Red everywhere except white feathertips and orange/gold cutie mark

Griffinpeps

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jan 25, 16:47:01
Sorry, but I've already given up.

I've already accepted my fate to never be able to play this game ever again.

What are you talking about? The game is super playable, the crystal kingdom and ponydale are fairly easy to get into. Cantermore for some reason seems to be super busy, it's so hard to find a spot there. Why did you give up?

Also, does anyone know of good places to go? Like the evershade forest or a shop or a quest? I'd like to go on a quest but can't find any NPC for that. Help, please.

Hash Myth

Quote from: Griffinpeps on 2015 Jan 25, 17:08:10
What are you talking about? The game is super playable, the crystal kingdom and ponydale are fairly easy to get into. Cantermore for some reason seems to be super busy, it's so hard to find a spot there. Why did you give up?

Also, does anyone know of good places to go? Like the evershade forest or a shop or a quest? I'd like to go on a quest but can't find any NPC for that. Help, please.

Earth Pony area has a few quests I have found and compleated

LostSanity

Being restricted to one "race" isn't "playing."

Or even being restricted to specific areas.

Modesty

2015 Jan 25, 18:02:26 #126 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 18:14:36 by Modesty
Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jan 25, 17:51:06

This isn't even close to being the final product. This game is still in PRE-ALPHA testing, so of course things aren't working at optimum levels. The waitlist dillemma wasn't an issue before because there are SO much more people playing than in previous years. On top of the attack, of COURSE it's going to take forever for people to log on. Servers aren't cheap, so it makes sense that they can't extend the event. The team is not getting paid for their effort to build this amazing game, so we must be patient with regards to server issues.

Not sure if you noticed, but the Waitlist thing WAS there in previous renditions of the game. It only lasted a few seconds because there were not nearly as many people playing on top of the internet attack, so it's not an arbitrary feature that was put in "just because."

Cantermore has been working properly for the past few hours, if you so desire to play as your unicorn OC.  :P

Marimase

What's with all of the discouraging posts? This game is awesome! you can't expect a pre-alpha game to be perfect, you know.
OMG LOADING BAR IS BEST PONY 100% OBEEMA CARE APPROVED MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIB TO MAH YUTUUHB CHANNEL OBUMA FOR PREZ11223232129 FOR 10 PIZZA GAMING VLOGS ABOUT PREZIDIENT OBAHMAH PER DAY PROBABLY

Lopsy

Yo, look on the bright side! The mods and all the team members did an awesome job setting up this Open Server Weekend, and they even fought off a DDoS attack of all things. There were issues, but that's to be expected when you're beta testing new software to thousands of people on dozens of different computer platforms on six different continents. I'm surprised the servers aren't on fire.  o.O

Personally, I want to give a big thank you to all the Legends of Equestria team members for putting up with all this stress to bring some pleasure to the community.  <3

LostSanity

For me, even if what you are saying is true (which I seriously doubt), it's too little too late.

Dream Dust

I just want to say Thank You for all the hard work on this OSW! :D I know it isn't perfect, but I did have lots of fun in Ponydale and meeting other strugglers on the forum or in the game. I know this is a testing weekend for the team too. I hope you got all the data you need to continue making this game awesome. We appreciate everything, we're just venting a bit. ^-^ Everything I saw was amazing and I'm willing to wait however long it takes to fix it all up. It is so awesome! Thank YOu!

Even if you didn't get to play this weekend, know that your feedback is helping make the game better. Be frustrated, but don't complain away the whole weekend.  :') You are going to get to play one day glitch free in the future, but this team is giving of their time and talent to give us this for free. Your patience and support will help speed things up instead of just saying things that makes the team feel bad and less motivated. They know you're unhappy and there's not much they can instantly do. But next! Next time will be even better!

KatieTheBat

"Open Server Weekend"

"Weekend"

A lot of us only got Saturday and Sunday, and others like me only got the Sunday!! This was not an Open Server Weekend, it was a Glitchy Server Weekend, and an Open Server Sunday.

Tiger

Quote from: FriendOfYourFriend on 2015 Jan 25, 19:02:22
"Open Server Weekend"

"Weekend"

A lot of us only got Saturday and Sunday, and others like me only got the Sunday!! This was not an Open Server Weekend, it was a Glitchy Server Weekend, and an Open Server Sunday.

While I will say that last year's OSWs were better, it's not like this OSW was completely unplayable. It's actually easy to get in during the off-peak hours when most other people are asleep.

Sure, maybe areas like Cantermore and the Heartlands are broken. And the mines. And Evershade Forest.

But that doesn't mean you can't still have fun in the other places.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Naura

Quote from: FriendOfYourFriend on 2015 Jan 25, 19:02:22
"Open Server Weekend"

"Weekend"

They are doing their best, they weren't expecting so many ponies, I think they did a great job and got it solved quickly so we could play on Sunday. I had a wonderful Osw (forums was sadly down entire time for me tho) and met so many ponies and had a absolute wonderful time!
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

LostSanity

Quote from: Tiger on 2015 Jan 25, 19:06:08
While I will say that last year's OSWs were better, it's not like this OSW was completely unplayable. It's actually easy to get in during the off-peak hours when most other people are asleep.

Sure, maybe areas like Cantermore and the Heartlands are broken. And the mines. And Evershade Forest.

But that doesn't mean you can't still have fun in the other places.

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jan 25, 17:51:06

^^^

Tiger

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jan 25, 19:25:06
^^^

Did you try being an earth pony first, which sets your spawn point in Ponydale, then relogging and changing your race to Unicorn at the character creator?

LostSanity

Quote from: Tiger on 2015 Jan 25, 19:27:24
Did you try being an earth pony first, which sets your spawn point in Ponydale, then relogging and changing your race to Unicorn at the character creator?

Fine. I'll just repeat myself.

What I was trying to say was that being restricted to specific areas isn't "playing."

Tiger

Well, I do suppose that a lot of the areas in this OSW are completely broken...

Yeah I got nothin'.

Hash Myth

Quote from: Tiger on 2015 Jan 25, 19:27:24

Don't work for all, my creator locked changes, so I made 3 different pony's and slowly moved them to ponydale over a period of 6hrs...

Perry The Pony

@LostSanity I have sent you a warning and a PM regarding the issues.  We have said many times we are working on a resolution to these issues.  I am going to ask you here to stop the comments, and give us some time to work on all of this.  Everyone is having glitches, issues, and other things.

I would like to thank everyone for bearing with us during this OSW due to a rocky start.  We are still feeling the effects of DDOS attacks as you notice the forums go up and down.  Please continue to give us time while we work on a solution to these issues.  If any of the threads continue like this one I will be locking down the news section to be read only.  If you are having issues then please create a ticket.  If a ticket has already been created for the issue then please give us time to work on a solution.

Thank you.

Go Up