Open Server Weekend Update

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Jan 24, 14:48:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Marimase

my game is crashing non stop. :I I'm trying every server.
OMG LOADING BAR IS BEST PONY 100% OBEEMA CARE APPROVED MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIB TO MAH YUTUUHB CHANNEL OBUMA FOR PREZ11223232129 FOR 10 PIZZA GAMING VLOGS ABOUT PREZIDIENT OBAHMAH PER DAY PROBABLY

TheFawn

This is getting ridiculous. Just open more servers and people can actually PLAY THE GAME! Nobody will have to wait, and we can ALL play (if you've got it downloaded,  X3). Is it that hard?

For my first OSW, my morale for this game just went -20.

And believe me, I was PUMPED.  :l

Ellii

LostSanity

2015 Jan 25, 14:38:54 #102 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 17:42:28 by LaptopBrony
I'm still getting the hang on the aerial view of Cantermare.

Go scream at the team that can't fix their broken game.

DO NOT COME UP WITH SOME "WAITLIST" IDEA AND IMPLEMENT IT WHEN IT WASN'T THERE IN PREVIOUS OSW EVENTS.

End of story.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

DeceptiveCadance

I'm pretty sure that the aerial view is not a waitlist. It either goes away in a second or you're stuck there forever.

Black Streak

I can get on the servers, I only have an occasional lockup on the character selection screen. It only says "Loading Pony Characters...". It's no big deal.  X3

LostSanity

Quote from: DeceptiveCadance on 2015 Jan 25, 14:41:53
I'm pretty sure that the aerial view is not a waitlist. It either goes away in a second or you're stuck there forever.

LoE team say differently.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

vernes

Quote from: Night Breeze on 2015 Jan 25, 10:20:14
I'm ok with enforcing rules, but could i get an explanation of why i got a 5min kick.
Someone I follow on tumblr also got a 5 minute ban, that appeared to be a perm ban.
Make sure to check back if you also got a 5 minute perm ban O_O

Post Merge

Quote from: Paladin Redflare on 2015 Jan 25, 13:57:44
I've been waiting for over a day to play and i'm STILL GETTING 503 ERROR ON THE UPDATER.
Start the exe file directly, don't use the updater

Hash Myth

2015 Jan 25, 14:52:36 #107 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 14:54:13 by Hash Myth
Quote from: Black Streak on 2015 Jan 25, 14:45:39
I can get on the servers, I only have an occasional lockup on the character selection screen. It only says "Loading Pony Characters...". It's no big deal.  X3

thats due to over loaded servers, when I went on a random hop of servers.
The servers with full player slots that I did get on had slow character load up. After a reboot of a server they loaded up almost instantly.

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jan 25, 14:46:49
LoE team say differently.

It is a wait list but when its running it gliches when overloaded lines and then locks up and no one moves in line to spawn.

its just a spawn anti-flood gate that locks and no pony spawns.

christophr

2015 Jan 25, 14:53:40 #108 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 17:43:12 by LaptopBrony
Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jan 25, 14:38:54
DO NOT COME UP WITH SOME "WAITLIST" IDEA AND IMPLEMENT IT WHEN IT WASN'T THERE IN PREVIOUS OSW EVENTS.

Replace "Waitlist" with anything else that wasn't there before...

"Do not come up with some "Pets" idea and implement it when it wasn't there before"

"Do not come up with some "Crystal Kingdom" idea and implement it if it wasn't there before"

Get it? So stop complaining everypony. Sure, it really sucks that this OSW is turning out like this, but hey, the previous ones were great, weren't they? And I am sure the LoE team learned something from this as well. I am sure at the next OSW (at the latest) it will all be fine again ^-^

Thrasher Dash

Can you remove the arial view plz?  >A<
If you see Princess Twilight (Unicorn) or Thrasher Dash (Pegasus) that's me!

Hash Myth

Quote from: christophr on 2015 Jan 25, 14:53:40
Sure, it really sucks that this OSW is turning out like this, but hey, the previous ones were great, weren't they? And I am sure the LoE team learned something from this as well. I am sure at the next OSW (at the latest) it will all be fine again ^-^

They should focus on 3 major things.

1. leveling system for pony`s (exp, skills, point pool, things that are in rpgs a d expected)

2. wait list. get rid of it. you can do a anti flood at login or do a wait list for pony selection. The wait list crashes and locks up and then no one can spawn.

3. should have 2 server run all the time and 1 server on private for testing, the OSW is not long enough to implement updates and not test them live. The team needs alpha testers that can be on as much as possible and stay in touch with the team to test whatever and whenever they needed it tested.

I have alpha and beta tested for 15 years and this OSW is more like a stress test that should be done in beta stages and LoE is still pre alpha.

Do not get me wrong, its fun but more like a roll play, pony chat, dancing, faced hooved, and less of a rpg MLP game.

JellyFish23

Ok now i'm getting more mad i've been waiting for it to work and it hasn't worked STILL its the same stuff  ono
all it says is:
Server Listing
Status
i now know officially by heart what it says and i asked for help before yet no response!
does anyone at all know why this is happening? i haven't even created a pony or anything! it comes up after i login! please someone help me and ill be really thankful  <3

BlueDubstepCat

2015 Jan 25, 15:25:17 #112 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 15:26:55 by BlueDubstepCat
How great. I'm stuck in the aerial view of the mines and now I can't play. I've tried going on all of the servers but nope, still stuck. I've waited many minutes each time and I still couldn't get on.  :c

Dawnstar

2015 Jan 25, 15:30:31 #113 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 17:11:03 by LaptopBrony
I realize this weekend ended up being a flop for a lot of people, and I have a feeling the majority of people who wanted to play the game haven't been able to and likely won't be able to. I feel especially bad for the first-time players who only just joined up and likely weren't able to play a game that looks like (and is) a lot of fun when it's working properly.

The DDoS at the beginning was of course an unexpected problem caused by some guys out there who had nothing better to do than to ruin everyone's fun. The server login issues are of course another matter. Every open weekend I've been in has had a problem with the sheer volume of people trying to sign in. While it probably could've been handled better this time around they were likely trying to avoid some of the problems the previous open weekends had and it ended up backfiring. If nothing else they've learned a few things and hopefully future open weekends will more successfully avoid such problems.

Then of course there is also the fact that each additional server costs money, a lot of money most likely. Yes it would be awesome if they could afford to have enough servers up so everyone can log in without issue. Hopefully they can do so in the future, but if they can't afford it, they can't afford it.

That said, the amount of rage being thrown at the team is a bit ridiculous. Yes they are aware of the problems, yes they are doing everything they are capable of within their ability to do so, but they are only capable of doing so much and yelling and hating on them doesn't help anyone. Be happy a game like this even exists in the first place.

For me, I lost, I repeat -lost- my only chance to play this weekend, and while I am upset about it and have voiced my disappointments the amount of vitriol being launched at the team is just saddening. If you're going to complain, at least try to be constructive about it. Raging for the sake of raging just makes their already stressful weekend even more so.

Hash Myth

Quote from: JellyFish23 on 2015 Jan 25, 15:11:23
Ok now i'm getting more mad i've been waiting for it to work and it hasn't worked STILL its the same stuff  ono
all it says is:
Server Listing
Status
i now know officially by heart what it says and i asked for help before yet no response!
does anyone at all know why this is happening? i haven't even created a pony or anything! it comes up after i login! please someone help me and ill be really thankful  <3

check your messages on forum  ^-^

Quote from: BlueDubstepCat on 2015 Jan 25, 15:25:17
How great. I'm stuck in the aerial view of the mines and now I can't play. I've tried going on all of the servers but nope, still stuck. I've waited many minutes each time and I still couldn't get on.  :c

Server hop and only sit on that screen for 30sec, keep doing that. You will get out. I was stuck there too  ono

loefidget

2015 Jan 25, 16:01:28 #115 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 16:03:37 by loefidget
Quote from: darkdestiny on 2015 Jan 24, 15:10:44
That's better than I am. I keep hitting update and it says "503 error server unavailable." I can't even get in the game! :(

Same  D: D:

Post Merge

Why not expand the server weekend for next weekend too!? DD:
--->Luna and Vinyl are best pony<---

Dawnstar

2015 Jan 25, 16:22:08 #116 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 16:29:28 by Dawnstar
Edit: Post I replied to disappeared.

FlameWolf100

Can you please fix Cantermore? I want to play as a Unicorn and explore HeartsLand and Cantermore. Please LOE do your best and fix Cantermore, HeartsLand, and many others >A<

[move] ovO[/move]
It's mostly true X3 But I'm not brave :l                        

Perry The Pony

We know there are issues and are working on fixing them.  Posting about the same issue over and over again does not help us work on them faster.

FlameWolf100

Quote from: Perry The Pony on 2015 Jan 25, 16:28:08
We know there are issues and are working on fixing them.  Posting about the same issue over and over again does not help us work on them faster.
Ok sorry please take your time :c
It's mostly true X3 But I'm not brave :l                        

Go Up