Pony Movie Incoming?

Started by Buddy Minute, 2014 Oct 20, 12:27:17

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Buddy Minute

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/my-little-pony-movie-in-the-works-at-hasbro-studios-exclusive-1201334144/

I'm shocked there isn't a topic about this yet, so I'll make one. It seems that a "My Little Pony" movie is being made, slated for completion around 2017. From the wording of this article, it looks like this might be a real movie staring the ponies this time, as opposed to Equestria girls. 
Spoiler: show

-ReiMar-

Just read it too! So hyped! FINALLY!!!
ovO ovO

Pipkin

Someone beats me to making this thread  :l

Oh well, so excited to see how this turns out!!

Morphius

If from your first impressions you think Rainbow Rocks is a Jem & the Holograms film but with ponies, then it'd be official to hint that next film will have a crossover with Jem & the Holograms & Equestria Girls/FIM...!

-ReiMar-

No EQG in my FiM Movie please!
:l

LostSanity

Quote from: -ReiMar- on 2014 Oct 20, 16:08:33

QFT.

I really hope this is an actual movie with ponies and no ugly humans.

:(
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

-ReiMar-

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Oct 20, 17:52:59
Quote from: -ReiMar- on 2014 Oct 20, 16:08:33

QFT.

I really hope this is an actual movie with ponies and no ugly humans.

:(

My hopes too!
:]

Mizuki

I'M SO EXCITED YOU GUYS!!!

At the same time though I don't really wanna get my hopes up. Apparently the writer for the film worked on Ice Age: Continental Drift? and Meghan McCarthy is a co-executive producer or something? o.O I wasn't a fan of any of the Ice Age films and Meghan isn't even my favorite writer so I don't really know how to feel about this.

Oh well, I'm still 100% thankful that we're actually getting a movie featuring the mane 6 as Ponies, and playing in as many theaters as possible apparently. Maybe I"ll actually be able to see it! ^-^

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Buddy Minute

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Oct 20, 20:58:36
I hope their not doing what I think their doing... ono

You got me curious. What do you think they're doing? I can imagine several things so many ways this could go wrong, though at the very least this seems like it'll include the ponies.

Mizuki

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Oct 20, 23:32:40
Quote from: Buddy Minute on 2014 Oct 20, 22:07:35
Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Oct 20, 20:58:36
I hope their not doing what I think their doing... ono

You got me curious. What do you think they're doing? I can imagine several things so many ways this could go wrong, though at the very least this seems like it'll include the ponies.
I think everyone should read this, but idk if Hasbro is really going to go that far, but....

I recently, and by mean recently I mean some months ago I was able to get through Hasbro and tell them that they should have a mlp movie, but with my OC in it, and the same story that I read to them, and guess what I said the release year could be... Yep, 2015. idk if it's a feature movie or just a t.v movie, but I told them theater movie. it's my idea, and it's copyrighted, so i'm waiting to see what their going to do :3

The movie is slated to be released in 2017, not 2015.

Also- and I mean this in the kindest sort of way- but Hasbro wouldn't make a feature film featuring your OC just because you sent it their way. We've already had 2 Equestria Girls movies, so a genuine pony film has been long over-due. :nod: It's too soon for a synopsis of the film either, I mean...the pony movie for 2017 could be a way to introduce season 6 or as a way to end season 6, and we don't even know what season 5 has to offer. I'm sure a lot of things will have changed by then O:

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

-ReiMar-

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Oct 21, 08:02:07
( Even though i joined Hasbro studios...)

Did you now?)
:]

Blitz Freeman

2014 Oct 21, 16:25:55 #11 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 26, 19:25:17 by Mizuki
I had previously thought that the "mlp movies" would all be EqG-based. But now there's a real MLP film! I'm hyped as heck and ready! First season 5 is confirmed, then 4 or 5 more seasons were confirmed. And now, the new movie....   It makes me happy to know that the ponies aren't going anywhere. ^-^
I fight so that she may go on...for I am just a pony.

Icy Shield

2014 Oct 21, 19:41:17 #12 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 21, 19:46:40 by Icy Shield
After Journey of the Spark get rekt by Hasbro, I'm still waiting for onother fan made film: "Last Stand of Harmony" in 2015
(I hope they done everything to not get the copyright claim from Hasbro before the realise)  DD:

Let it snow!

Griffon

Princess Celestia: Ah, Philomena, my pet. You're awake.

Cybestry

2014 Oct 26, 20:06:57 #14 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 06, 18:11:14 by Star Flame
YEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! The pony race prevails! Who will stop us now?!?!?!?!? MWAHAHAAHAHAHHAHA!!!!     ovO

Dream Dust

This is so exciting to think we might be getting an actually FiM movie!!! I wonder if that is how they plan to end the series. 2017 gives the writers plenty of time to dream up more ideas. I hope they lead into the movie with a few episodes. I'm just too excited! :D

Howitzer

'Bout time we got a PONY movie, but it'll be good (at least I hope it is).
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Jinxie Umbra

So many mixed feelings. I'm glad they'll make an actual pony movie but I dunno about having an entirely different team make it. I've grown quite fond of the team at DHX Media...

I can only hope Meghan has enough influence on the film that it'll be recognisable.
:s

Sails

Interesting.
An actual MLP movie that won't be yet another EQG....^.^
This is a signature wow
such signature
very profile
wow

wingedpineapple

Spoiler: Is it something good or bad? • show

I don't want have high hopes in this movie, EQG is something different of FiM because humans, but a pony movie is like a long episode, not is something bad, I mean, not is like they going to do 2 hours about flittershy facing her fears  (lol), but if this is like the two-partners that means there's suddenly villian of somewhere, princesses are useless as always, just twilight and friends can solve it, rainbows and friendship, lesson, roll credits.

My problem is not the way episodes happen, my problem is about the movie being probably just a longer episode, anyways that doesn't mean I don't going to like it just because that, I can just wait to the movie release in 2017 and hopefully it's worth the wait :v
[move][/move]

Go Up