Microsoft Purchases Mojang

Started by Shadow Mare, 2014 Sep 15, 14:48:07

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Shadow Mare

Rissian

Seems it's only a matter of time until it gets ruined then. Microsoft bought Rare a long time ago if I recall and their games went downhill after that at least they seemed to. I may start collecting Jars of MC versions now since I don't trust Microsoft. But we'll see what happens, hopefully they don't mess everything up. I also wonder if this will affect the fanbase.  :s

Tiger

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

-ReiMar-

2014 Sep 18, 13:55:07 #3 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 18, 14:15:35 by Pipkin
Microsoft sux, Apple sux, EA sux, Google sux. They ruin everything. Anything good they have is topped by piles of (Word Redacted).
:l

Mod Edit-Please refrain from using inappropriate language, thanks.

Puynsi

I think this is something good, why?

Notch said that Minecraft was more like an experiment rather than a completly serious project, getting out with that kind of cash before MC loses his already dwindling hype could allow Notch to make dunno, more games, projects, some people say he will become the Robin Hood of the indies and such.

To put it simply, Notch made the right choice, the amount of cash he got out of the deal will allow him to make a much bigger project (if he does it).

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Puynsi on 2014 Sep 20, 05:31:26

Notch said that Minecraft was more like an experiment rather than a completly serious project, getting out with that kind of cash before MC loses his already dwindling hype could allow Notch to make dunno, more games, projects, some people say he will become the Robin Hood of the indies and such.

To put it simply, Notch made the right choice, the amount of cash he got out of the deal will allow him to make a much bigger project (if he does it).

And if he doesn't, his new seaside villa will be covered with eggs and tomatoes, and his new Lamborgini will be stripped for parts)) XD
lol

Firey

Quote from: Puynsi on 2014 Sep 20, 05:31:26

I concur with this...

but apparently Notch also gave away Mojang due to the build-up of stress...I guess from when it became a big thing...
Probably from hate comments and such...
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote from: -ReiMar- on 2014 Sep 18, 13:55:07
Microsoft sux, Apple sux, EA sux, Google sux. They ruin everything.

It's all about the cash   ovO
(because capitalism)
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Rissian

Notch actually said if he ever makes another game that seems to build hype like MC did he's just going to trash it. Not entirely sure why he could just hand off further games he makes to someone else to develop preferably non giant corporations.  :s

Peace Keeper

I wouldn't start worrying about it yet since there isn't much Microsoft has talked about what they would do with Minecraft. One thing I did heard is that they will have a port for their Windows Phone so they can promote it and make sales. But that's nothing bad really. We'll see in the upcoming year when the sale is finalize. From there, we just hope for the best that they do nothing wrong with it. The only problem is how is Microsoft is going to gain back the 2.5 billion they spent? We'll also see on that.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

Wait, so after Notch blew up in Microsoft's face and accused them of trying to ruin the PC as an open platform, Mojang turned around and sold out to them?

Now, I happen to have a lot of respect for Microsoft, they are my favorite company in the world, in fact. I just don't like hypocrites.

I know Notch hasn't had much to do with Minecraft for a while now, but I'm glad he stepped for good. I never liked that temper-tantrum throwing hypocrite.

FruffyWuffy

2015 Apr 12, 21:09:14 #10 Last Edit: 2015 May 03, 03:31:54 by FruffyWuffy
Interesting.. I wonder how this will turn out but don't forget, even if Microsoft ruins it the fans will probably get some mods to keep MC going.. until Microsoft C&D's it.. Why does that seem so familiar... Cease and Desist.. it's like it's happened before to another fandom.. strange..
And even if you can't get mods, PC Minecraft can be downgraded without mods. (New Launcher)
Unless they remove that.. then, well...
x_x

Go Up