Question about notifications?

Started by NightWish, 2014 Sep 06, 18:13:49

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NightWish

So I keep getting notifications from this thread that I haven't posted in in a year now and I really don't want it in my new replies anymore. I've turned off the option to automatically subscribe to threads I post in, it says I'm not subscribed to any, but I'm still getting them. I can't find a button on the actually thread to click that will unsubscribe me. I don't know if this is a bug or I'm just not doing the right thingy, but does anyone know how I can? It's pretty annoying.
[move][/move]
Haters gonna hate.

McSleuthburger

in the thread that you are getting notifications for
To the right of the "Reply" button do you see "Notify" or "Unnotify" because if you have Unnotify click that and that should fix it
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

NightWish

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2014 Sep 06, 19:26:05
To the right of the "Reply" button do you see "Notify" or "Unnotify" because if you have Unnotify click that and that should fix it
I don't see that button on any thread I go to. I only have "add poll", "mark unread", "send this topic", and "print".
[move][/move]
Haters gonna hate.

-ReiMar-

Quote from: NightWish on 2014 Sep 06, 19:36:13
Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2014 Sep 06, 19:26:05
I don't see that button on any thread I go to. I only have "add poll", "mark unread", "send this topic", and "print".

I second that~

Tekner

The button to notify/unnotify was removed for normal users. That's why you can see it, Sleuth, but they cannot.
As for your issue, NightWish, I don't see any notifications set for your account. Is this for another account? If so, which thread?

NightWish

Quote from: Tekner on 2014 Sep 06, 22:36:19
The button to notify/unnotify was removed for normal users. That's why you can see it, Sleuth, but they cannot.
As for your issue, NightWish, I don't see any notifications set for your account. Is this for another account? If so, which thread?
No, it's this one. And it's the "What Kind of Brony Are You?". It says I don't have any notifications on my end, either.
[move][/move]
Haters gonna hate.

Tekner

Quote from: NightWish on 2014 Sep 07, 00:12:26
It says I don't have any notifications on my end, either.
This is very odd, then. When was the last email and can you give me a screenshot of it (cover or don't include personal information, of course.)

NightWish

Quote from: Tekner on 2014 Sep 07, 00:20:52
Quote from: NightWish on 2014 Sep 07, 00:12:26
It says I don't have any notifications on my end, either.
This is very odd, then. When was the last email and can you give me a screenshot of it (cover or don't include personal information, of course.)
I'm not getting emails, that part's fine. I meant like, in the "Show new replies to your posts" thingy.
[move][/move]
Haters gonna hate.

Tekner

Quote from: NightWish on 2014 Sep 07, 00:30:53
I meant like, in the "Show new replies to your posts" thingy.
I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. Can you screenshot it or give me exact details on how you get to what you're talking about. I'm guessing you're talking about in your Profile Settings > Notifications?

-ReiMar-

2014 Sep 07, 14:53:26 #9 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 07, 14:55:22 by -ReiMar-
Show new replies to your posts.

This thingie in your top right corner. When ya go there, it shows all new replies to any thread you ever replied to. For example, What Kind of Brony Are You? thread. You tell people once, but every new person will make this thread appear in new replies again. After some time, your New Replies turn into a wall of text with 70% of threads not important to you anymore. And none can make these threads stop being "followed".

Post Merge

You can "Mark All Threads Read", but it will also remove threads you care for. And even so, all threads will reappear after any new replies anyway.

Tekner

Oh that. I've honestly never used that button, so I forgot about it lol
Quote from: NightWish on 2014 Sep 06, 18:13:49I've turned off the option to automatically subscribe to threads I post in, it says I'm not subscribed to any, but I'm still getting them..
That subscription option and the "show new replies" are two completely unrelated systems. There is no way to stop getting notifications from threads you've posted in without deleting all of your posts. That's just the way the system is designed.

NightWish

Quote from: Tekner on 2014 Sep 08, 01:14:11
Oh that. I've honestly never used that button, so I forgot about it lol
Quote from: NightWish on 2014 Sep 06, 18:13:49I've turned off the option to automatically subscribe to threads I post in, it says I'm not subscribed to any, but I'm still getting them..
That subscription option and the "show new replies" are two completely unrelated systems. There is no way to stop getting notifications from threads you've posted in without deleting all of your posts. That's just the way the system is designed.
Bluh. Whatevs, my posts on there were old anyway. xD No one's going to notice. Thanks, friend.
[move][/move]
Haters gonna hate.

Go Up