Doesn't this remind you of G4 MLP and it's design?

Started by Bro1997, 2014 Aug 14, 21:21:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bro1997

So I was looking at pictures of Stompeez, those slippers that would pop it's eyes/ears when you stomped on them and I stumbled upon this image.

I don't know why, but for some reason it really does remind me of Faust's MLP designs. They use this cartoon pony on packaging for Stompeez in the UK so you wouldn't have seen them on US packaging. Doesn't this look like the same cartoon design that's used on MLP FIM? Because it really does by the design of the head. It could even be a good G5 design! IDK, comment on what you think of this.

Mizuki

Wow, I thought that was fanart at first!

Yeah you can definitely tell they're inspired by MLP:FiM/Faust's designs. Reminds me of this one time when I went to Ryan's and I saw a stuffed animal in the claw machine, and I swear the eyes looked exactly like Pinkie Pie's or something O:

Gotta cash in on what's popular, I guess!

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Bro1997

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Aug 14, 21:54:14
Wow, I thought that was fanart at first!

Yeah you can definitely tell they're inspired by MLP:FiM/Faust's designs. Reminds me of this one time when I went to Ryan's and I saw a stuffed animal in the claw machine, and I swear the eyes looked exactly like Pinkie Pie's or something O:

Gotta cash in on what's popular, I guess!

Well, I found this image on some store site from the UK. http://direct.asda.com/Stompeez-Unusual-Unicorn---Children's-Slippers/STOMPEEZUNICORN2013MASTER,default,pd.html
There are other cartoon designs based on their particular stompeez designs! I'm thinking it was just a coincidence that the "unusual unicorn" cartoon design looked like it was MLP fanart! Sure, it doesn't have a cutie mark but I guess it could almost count as a MLP Filly (Little Girl Pony) design by the fact that it's short and has a medium sized head and no cutie mark! Maybe they hired a British Brony to do the design! I don't believe Hasbro would take this in a positive way however! Which stuffed animal at Ryan's was it actually? Thanks for replying.
Here's two more pictures of the cartoon pony!
The Stompeez UK design box.
Apparently this one animates as well! Isn't she adorable?

Ryo_D_Disk

I don't see any pony all is see are pound signs or well I guess [Insert currency here] signs  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

It seems like a lot of pony themed things are trying to profit off MLP's popularity by adopting a style similar to G4. For example, the game Pony vs Pony: Battle is Magic. I played it for a while, and I managed to make my pony look pretty close to my OC.

Teen Titans Go! references MLP:FiM by having Raven (voiced by Tara Strong) secretly watch a cartoon called Pretty Pretty Pegasus and play with Pretty Pretty Pegasus dolls.
There's apparently an episode where she turns the other Titans into pegasi.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Bro1997

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2014 Aug 15, 07:06:54
I don't see any pony all is see are pound signs or well I guess [Insert currency here] signs  ovO

You did click on the link, right? Because when I clicked it, the image on this thread did appear. Yeah, the website is from Great Britain (Hence why I said it is Stompeez UK). It's listed in pound signs because it's intended for users in Britain where the British Pound is used.

Post Merge

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 15, 07:37:11
It seems like a lot of pony themed things are trying to profit off MLP's popularity by adopting a style similar to G4. For example, the game Pony vs Pony: Battle is Magic. I played it for a while, and I managed to make my pony look pretty close to my OC.

Teen Titans Go! references MLP:FiM by having Raven (voiced by Tara Strong) secretly watch a cartoon called Pretty Pretty Pegasus and play with Pretty Pretty Pegasus dolls.
There's apparently an episode where she turns the other Titans into pegasi.

I'm guessing the Brony fandom has made more of an impact then I thought it did! It sure has made a difference in how the 2010s will be remembered apparently. Companies I'm guessing in many countries feel that by making ponies similar to G4 MLP they can make money off Bronies and the young female fans of MLP. Something seems that Tara Strong recommended that episode with Raven watching Pretty Pretty Pegasus because she knew some Bronies do watch Teen Titian Go! I do wonder though if this show is really intended for little girls however?  It does look like a cute episode. I wish I was one of the those ponies there. I'd love to be a pony. I'm serious about that.

Go Up