Do you miss Button's Adventures?

Started by Bro1997, 2014 Aug 05, 18:16:06

previous topic - next topic

Do you miss Button's Adventures and being able to watch it?

Yes
7 (36.8%)
No
5 (26.3%)
Maybe
2 (10.5%)
I REALLY MISS IT AND WANT A DOWNLOAD LINK WAAA!!!!!
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Go Down

B-bop

2014 Aug 07, 07:27:14 #20 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 07, 07:30:45 by B-bop
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 18:16:06
I have missed seeing Button Mash and his little adventures of his life. It's a shame that Hasbro was so tied up with the copyright infringements that it had to be taken off YouTube. I'd wish there was a download link or a way of uploading it on another video site like Dailymotion without getting in trouble from Hasbro. They are already trying to stamp out the Brony Fandom and I'm concerned about it's total existence! :s
Vote on this poll on how you feel.

Ohh, well you know the internet.
There's always going to be reuploaders somewhere.  Probably.
Plus, I'm certain Button's not completely dead and gone, so I'm not all that worried.
It's going to take a lot more to kill the fandom than this.
"I got rhythm
So do you
Let's turn it on and show 'em what we can do!"

GlassMirror

As long as they dont claim my comic. other than that, at least buttons coming back! :3

Bro1997

Quote from: B-bop on 2014 Aug 07, 07:27:14
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 18:16:06
I have missed seeing Button Mash and his little adventures of his life. It's a shame that Hasbro was so tied up with the copyright infringements that it had to be taken off YouTube. I'd wish there was a download link or a way of uploading it on another video site like Dailymotion without getting in trouble from Hasbro. They are already trying to stamp out the Brony Fandom and I'm concerned about it's total existence! :s
Vote on this poll on how you feel.

Ohh, well you know the internet.
There's always going to be reuploaders somewhere.  Probably.
Plus, I'm certain Button's not completely dead and gone, so I'm not all that worried.
It's going to take a lot more to kill the fandom than this.

Spoiler: show
As long as someone out there was smart enough to download Button's Adventures before it was taken off. I'm not sure if anyone did or not. Button's not dead, but his first video is still gone and will be forever gone if nothing done about it. What else would kill the fandom? The fact that the show will be cancelled and people will lose interest for no reason? That's how it will be killed. Why, I don't know.

cloudwilk

I didn't know they took the video down @.@ I thought the creator just didn't make anymore... I see that happen all the time..
Well...
I guess I see deleted content happen a lot, too.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 07, 21:12:46
I didn't know they took the video down @.@ I thought the creator just didn't make anymore... I see that happen all the time..
Well...
I guess I see deleted content happen a lot, too.

The video was taken down months ago because JanAnimations received a C&D from Hasbro, forcing him to remove all videos of Button Mash solely because the animation style was too much like the show. Sure it does, but why does it matter? IDK. But, Hasbro did it so they don't lose the rights to My Little Pony due to copyright infringements. Sure, he does still create videos, and he's planning on creating another Button video. Not really comfortable with the idea now though. He could be sued by Hasbro and even jailed or fined for disobeying their command. But, believe me. It's for the protection of the franchise, Hasbro, and the world. There's other video however like one about Derpy's muffin rage. I downloaded that because I have a feeling of it getting taken down. It really does look like the show animation too. Hasbro's really hitting bronies these days, even just for the word "Brony".

AaronMk

Again, let me remind the thread that BUTTON IS NOT GONE FOREVER.

(Also here.

So it's coming back, and so will Hottest Mom. Jan and Hasbro have worked stuff out.

I expect proper dissemination of updated and proper facts.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Bro1997

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 07, 21:59:53
Again, let me remind the thread that BUTTON IS NOT GONE FOREVER.

(Also here.

So it's coming back, and so will Hottest Mom. Jan and Hasbro have worked stuff out.

I expect proper dissemination of updated and proper facts.

I knew it was coming back. And yes, I did go on Equestria Daily not too long ago and found out Jan and Hasbro made some kind of deal. Hopefully, Button's Adventures (First Episode) will return. But, we will have to wait and see. Wouldn't be too surprised if Button's Adventures would be made into a spin off of MLP FIM and Hasbro would obtain revenue for Button's Adventures merchandise. That way, Jan can continue creating episodes, but Hasbro would keep the copyright to the show and gain money from it.

Night Pony

I'm sorry to burst your guy's bubble but that animatic was made before he got shut down. Jan is not making new Button animations.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Bro1997

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Aug 08, 05:27:41
I'm sorry to burst your guy's bubble but that animatic was made before he got shut down. Jan is not making new Button animations.

Maybe this will change you mind?
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/08/jan-animations-panel-copyright-claims.html
Since when did you hear that from? Facebook, perhaps. And are you playing LOE? Or doing both?!

Night Pony

No it does not.
Also from Jananimation's twitter.

Jan Animations @JanAnimations  ·  Aug 4

Okay guys, before you get to conclusions and false hopes regarding the animatics we've shown.These were made before the C&D happened.

Bro1997

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Aug 08, 08:37:17
No it does not.
Also from Jananimation's twitter.

Jan Animations @JanAnimations  ·  Aug 4

Okay guys, before you get to conclusions and false hopes regarding the animatics we've shown.These were made before the C&D happened.

So, they were shown at BronyCon just because they were intended to show what was going to be animated of Button BEFORE the C&D happened. Also it wasn't Hasbro directly who did it and they are making some deal with Jan over some fan license. Didn't you read the article there? I don't get you Night Pony. You have nothing nice to say about me.

Night Pony

2014 Aug 08, 08:53:47 #31 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 08, 08:58:22 by Night Pony
I doubt anything will come of it.
And please don't feel so special.

Edit: Fixed.

Bro1997

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Aug 08, 08:53:47
I anything will come of it.
And please don't feel so special.

I never said I was feeling special! I just don't understand why you are criticizing over what I do. Over the whole religious thing, the thing with quoting large boxes or something, and just believing I shouldn't be on this forum. And what do you mean "I anything will of come of it". Could you explain that a little more in detail?

Night Pony

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 08, 08:57:33
And what do you mean "I anything will of come of it". Could you explain that a little more in detail?

Typing error. It's fixed.

felix330

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 05, 23:27:31
Bronycon has the distinction of being the first major brony convention. There are others across the country, which you're best using EquestriaDaily to find.

And it's the place any content creator, show voice actor, animator, writer, or director goes to to meet and greet with the fandom and do some panels. It's the same thing in the other smaller cons, but Bronycon is the biggest. And with M.A Larson back, you're getting his shenanigans.

His book:

Oh Larson, keep going you glorious beast.

And the price is a side-effect of its location. It would have been more wallet destructive if it were still in New York. The prices are always worse in NYC.

None of your pictures are from Bronycon however. They are all from Galacon in Germany, it even says so on some of the pictures. The Buttons adventures presentation was also at Galacon not Bronycon. So the con you are seeing is actually "one of the smaller conventions".  :o

Go Up