Rainbow Rocks Preview

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2014 Jul 27, 04:24:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Jul 27, 04:24:00 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 19, 13:34:22 by Chishio Kunrin
Hasbro released a preview clip of Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks that revealed the antagonists of the movie. Also, it had a song, and I actually kinda liked the song. It's not catchy, but it's neat to listen to.
Spoiler: Spoilered because the thumbnail is of the antagonists. • show
[center]
[/center]

I actually kinda like how the antagonists look, mainly pigtails girl.
This video also answers why the movie's theme is Battle of the Bands.

[August 19 edit]:
A second video has been released, this time looking at the villains, who they are, what they're doing, and a little peek at why they're doing it.
Spoiler: Video • show
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Spoiler: Opinion/thought • show
I think they're sirens. Then again, so does everyone else. :P After all, they cause trouble by singing.
I kinda feel bad for them. It's not their fault that disharmony is their food.

A list of songs from the soundtrack has been released, as well:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/08/rainbow-rocks-full-song-listing-via.html
Though, it looks like some of the songs on the soundtrack will be ones from the first movie, specifically Equestria Girls (Cafeteria Song), A Friend For Life, Opening Titles (Remix), This Is Our Big Night (Full Version), and Time To Come Together. Pretty sure the "Equestria Girls (Cafeteria Song)" song is Help Twilight Win The Crown.

So that means the songs for Rainbow Rocks are likely:
Spoiler: show
Awesome As I Want To Be (I think)
Battle (definitely. We heard this one in the other preview)
Better Than Ever
Rainbow Rocks
Shine Like Rainbows
Tricks Up My Sleeve
Under Our Spell

Those last two sound like villain songs. :3 Though, for some reason...
Tricks Up My Sleeve feels like Trixie. I think she might join the sirens' band.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't fix their proportions, but it was to be expected.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Buddy Minute

Well...that's....different? It seems like the antagonists have kind of a Siren/seductress thing going. With this, it feels like this series might be distancing itself from MLP a little, and I'm okay with that. That is to say, this scene feels more at home in a magic high school plot, and doesn't need that other world.

Of course, Twilight Sparkle is probably coming back, so who knows how this'll turn out.

GlassMirror

Looks good to me. The music sounds really nice, so theirs nothing bad about it ;)

Bro1997

I'm sure Rainbow Rocks will be a good movie. It would be nice to actually have a My Little Pony movie that stars the ponies instead of humans though. I'm just curious though about if something is going to happen with these Antagonists that would threaten Equestria and bring Twilight back to the human world to help her friends there.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Jul 29, 15:28:39
I'm sure Rainbow Rocks will be a good movie. It would be nice to actually have a My Little Pony movie that stars the ponies instead of humans though. I'm just curious though about if something is going to happen with these Antagonists that would threaten Equestria and bring Twilight back to the human world to help her friends there.

I read that the antagonists are after some kind of magical artifact, so the human mane six somehow get Twilight to go back to the human world to help them stop the antagonists.

Naura

Anypony else noticed the green flash in their eyes and the green mist surrounding them? No?
Well, atleast I know what's happening...
CHRYSALIAS IS GOING TO SING!!!
No? Okay then...
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

AaronMk

Initiating relevant thoughts.

Relevant thoughts initialized.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Tiger

I don't really like the song, it's too slow. Probably just me and my preference, though.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Bro1997

2014 Aug 02, 11:20:56 #9 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 02, 11:23:10 by Bro1997
I thought the song was pretty catchy in my opinion. I liked how all the background ponies we know like Vinyl Scratch and the Cutie Mark Crusaders are in human form. I don't get it though, are the CMC portrayed as Freshmen while the Mane 6 are like Juniors or more likely Seniors? Because the age difference is definitely a lot longer in Equestria, with the CMC being young fillies and the Mane 6 are like mares. I don't get it!  . :/

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 02, 11:20:56
I thought the song was pretty catchy in my opinion. I liked how all the background ponies we know like Vinyl Scratch and the Cutie Mark Crusaders are in human form. I don't get it though, are the CMC portrayed as Freshmen while the Mane 6 are like Juniors or more likely Seniors? Because the age difference is definitely a lot longer in Equestria, with the CMC being young fillies and the Mane 6 are like mares. I don't get it!  . :/

Octavia was finally in the background, too! She wasn't there in the first movie!

Also, guys, if you pay close attention, DJ Pon3 is wearing her headphones. She's listening to music on her MP3 player, which means she's not being affected by the sirens' song. O:

Bro1997

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 03, 05:05:25
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 02, 11:20:56

Octavia was finally in the background, too! She wasn't there in the first movie!

Also, guys, if you pay close attention, DJ Pon3 is wearing her headphones. She's listening to music on her MP3 player, which means she's not being affected by the sirens' song. O:

Yeah, Octavia was there. I didn't see her in the first film. DJ Pon3 or as some people call her, Vinyl Scratch was using her MP3 player. I didn't notice until you said that then I remember seeing her not hearing the trio antagonist's song. Did you read the rest of the comment about the age difference between the CMC and the Mane 6? It's crazy if you ask me. 

cloudwilk

I'm not really a particular fan of Equestria Girls to begin with... but I did go and see it for support. I don't think I'll do the same with Rainbow Rocks. I'm really not... into it. ^^'

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 03, 17:59:52
I'm not really a particular fan of Equestria Girls to begin with... but I did go and see it for support. I don't think I'll do the same with Rainbow Rocks. I'm really not... into it. ^^'

I'm sorry to hear that. Sure it's not FIM, but the personality of the characters is the same as their pony forms. Like Fluttershy still takes care of animals, Pinkie Pie still loves parties, and Rainbow Dash is still an athlete just doing things like we would like playing soccer instead of flying. Hasbro's just trying their best to compete with Mattel's Monster High franchise for example and to me the first movie was actually good. I'll watch Rainbow Rocks and future Equestria Girls films. I just hope that there will still be movies/animated material of the Mane 6 after 2015.

Comet Oblivion

Here's my issue: I was quite interested in the first Equestria Girls movie, and to be frank, it didn't live up to my expectations at all. Not to say I didn't enjoy watching it, but it just wasn't that very good. And now they are making a sequel? With rock concerts? And even crazier looking antagonists? Based off what I saw in the first one, what I actually got, and the rule of sequels, this is going to be quite bad. I'm rather scared about what it's gonna turn out to be :s

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Comet Oblivion on 2014 Aug 04, 11:36:16
Here's my issue: I was quite interested in the first Equestria Girls movie, and to be frank, it didn't live up to my expectations at all. Not to say I didn't enjoy watching it, but it just wasn't that very good. And now they are making a sequel? With rock concerts? And even crazier looking antagonists? Based off what I saw in the first one, what I actually got, and the rule of sequels, this is going to be quite bad. I'm rather scared about what it's gonna turn out to be :s

Well, even if the movie turns out to be bad, we can look on the bright side that we're going to get at least one really good catchy song. Daniel Ingram makes so many great songs, there's bound to be one that catches on in Rainbow Rocks, like Help Twilight Get The Crown did in the first EG movie.

Bro1997

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 04, 14:50:30

Well, even if the movie turns out to be bad, we can look on the bright side that we're going to get at least one really good catchy song. Daniel Ingram makes so many great songs, there's bound to be one that catches on in Rainbow Rocks, like Help Twilight Get The Crown did in the first EG movie.

It's more then just the music though. What he's trying to say is that Rainbow Rocks is still going to be a bad movie since the plot won't be great. I don't think I'll be that bad but I respect the opinions of other fans. If you ask me and other bronies though, an actual movie about the PONIES and just the ponies of MLP FIM being on their most dangerous adventure yet would definitely boost sales for Hasbro while at the same time being a summer blockbuster if release to theaters nationwide. They should seriously consider it in 2015 in honor of the 5th anniversary of G4 and make it the finale for the cartoon as well. After all, SpongeBob's first movie in November 2004 was intended to have been the ending for SpongeBob but Viacom/Nickelodeon decided to renew the series and to this day it's still on. Just a suggestion.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 04, 18:32:03

It's more then just the music though. What he's trying to say is that Rainbow Rocks is still going to be a bad movie since the plot won't be great. I don't think I'll be that bad but I respect the opinions of other fans. If you ask me and other bronies though, an actual movie about the PONIES and just the ponies of MLP FIM being on their most dangerous adventure yet would definitely boost sales for Hasbro while at the same time being a summer blockbuster if release to theaters nationwide. They should seriously consider it in 2015 in honor of the 5th anniversary of G4 and make it the finale for the cartoon as well. After all, SpongeBob's first movie in November 2004 was intended to have been the ending for SpongeBob but Viacom/Nickelodeon decided to renew the series and to this day it's still on. Just a suggestion.

I know what he's saying. What I was saying is that, even if the plot is bad, at least we'll get good music out of it. For example, the season 3 finale wasn't that good of an episode, but we got really awesome songs from it.

cloudwilk

I do agree with Comet Oblivion.... I have come to expect more from this franchise than the stereotypical girl-sorts of cartoon. I know it sounds pretty stupid, considering MLP is intended for girls which thus makes it a girl-cartoon to begin with but if you look at female-oriented cartoons in the past, there is something (I dunno if it's just me?) mind-numbingly bad about them. Like, hitting all these clichés. I mean, there are a lot of similar problems with some more  male-only-oriented shows, too. If the show was like the movies, I wouldn't be into it.
I do think it is partially related to humans, though. I tend to like cartoons based on animals because I feel the writers become more free subconsciously.
I'm already getting bored of writing this XP Basically, didn't care for the movies, was hoping to like it more than I did (though I did like the opening sequence!), and don't see why they would've even made a sequel.

Then again, I was also never very much into the Monster Girl thing or whatever. Maybe I just don't understand XD

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Bro1997

2014 Aug 04, 21:53:56 #19 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 04, 22:00:57 by Bro1997
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 04, 21:37:10
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 04, 18:32:03

I know what he's saying. What I was saying is that, even if the plot is bad, at least we'll get good music out of it. For example, the season 3 finale wasn't that good of an episode, but we got really awesome songs from it.

IDK, I kind of like the idea of Twilight transforming into an alicorn. She does look more cuter as one.  0:)

Post Merge

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 04, 21:50:24
I do agree with Comet Oblivion.... I have come to expect more from this franchise than the stereotypical girl-sorts of cartoon. I know it sounds pretty stupid, considering MLP is intended for girls which thus makes it a girl-cartoon to begin with but if you look at female-oriented cartoons in the past, there is something (I dunno if it's just me?) mind-numbingly bad about them. Like, hitting all these clichés. I mean, there are a lot of similar problems with some more  male-only-oriented shows, too. If the show was like the movies, I wouldn't be into it.
I do think it is partially related to humans, though. I tend to like cartoons based on animals because I feel the writers become more free subconsciously.
I'm already getting bored of writing this XP Basically, didn't care for the movies, was hoping to like it more than I did (though I did like the opening sequence!), and don't see why they would've even made a sequel.

Then again, I was also never very much into the Monster Girl thing or whatever. Maybe I just don't understand XD

The Monster Girl thing is Mattel's Monster High which is one of the main reasons Equestria Girls was created. So Hasbro can be in the market for human dolls that are in a high school. To me, it's not a bad marketing idea and the first Equestria Girls movie did have a good plot to it for me. I just hope that Rainbow Rocks is the same. I do think that the personalities of the characters are the same but then again the plot might not be as good. If only the antagonists of this upcoming movie were in pony form (Like Sunset Shimmer). One user told me that these trio are going to steal some magical artifact and the five human friends of Twilight Sparkle somehow get Twilight to come to the human world and help them. Don't know if these trio want to take off and cause more mayhem in Equestria then it already has or not. 

Go Up