The Alicorn Discuss (Mainly to talk about there ability and traits)

Started by PurifiedAspects, 2014 Jul 26, 04:11:40

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Night Pony

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Aug 01, 20:55:10
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jul 29, 03:43:05I do not believe that Earth ponies are responsible for such fast plant growths.

Why not? I mean isn't growing crops basically their thing?

Growing crops yes. But I do not think they can do it in like seconds as it was showed in the scene of your picture.
If they could, that would eliminate the reason for them to plant right after they have cleared the snow and wouldn't require them to wait for crops to grow (if they have fast growing ability). Plus I hope you recall when the apples first came to 'Ponyville' they planted everything but they had to wait for it to grow. If they could've made them grow faster, I bet they would. Only the zap apple trees grew instant but only because of their own magic.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Knowlegeseeker

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jul 27, 13:15:20
Quote from: Runzi333 on 2014 Jul 27, 13:11:08
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jul 26, 13:44:44
That would imply that the changelings aren't a separate race but corrupted and probably heavily modified normal ponies.

P.S. That is if you consider their wings comparable to pegasi/alicorn wings. Rarity also had wings and a horn but you don't see anybody saying she was an alicorn.

Changlings could be mutated ponies that have become a new race considering we don't know much about them.

It's not the physical traits that make alicorns what they are it's their magic. Rarity had unicorn magic and spell made wings (not even made by her magic). The show also states that alicorn magic is much more powerful than regular magic implying by having greater magic you become an alicorn. So what if the physical traits come after? By becoming more powerful you gain the traits to go with it.

That would imply that:
1. Every unicorn can become an alicorn if they advance enough (which isn't the case).
2. Only unicorns can become alicorns (which also isn't the case).

Twilight had unicorn power but then she gained wings and suddenly she is an alicorn, while Rarity gained wings but wasn't an alicorn.

Rarity didn't get alicorn magic,and I think it depends on the ponies understanding of friendship or something equally important. Sombra was powerful enough to make an empire disappear.If it depended on power,wouldn't he have ascended.And Chrysalis may be the former princess of love,but turned evil later on.

Night Pony

Quote from: Knowlegeseeker on 2014 Aug 02, 03:48:12
Rarity didn't get alicorn magic,and I think it depends on the ponies understanding of friendship or something equally important. Sombra was powerful enough to make an empire disappear.If it depended on power,wouldn't he have ascended.And Chrysalis may be the former princess of love,but turned evil later on.

So you're saying Rarity has no friends and does not understand friendship? She sure could've fooled me with her being an element of harmony and such.

It's debatable if stallions can become alicorns. For me only mares can become or be born as such but it's just my opinion. Also friendship isn't the only thing that can turn you into alicon (other being love). Also we don't know how Tia and Luna are alicorns since they appear to have the bonus of slow aging.
There's no information about changeling to say for certain. If that's true, why doesn't she return and conquer the Crystal empire? Why Celestia leaves Cadence unsupervised if such a thing has happened to the previous alicorn of love?

Knowlegeseeker

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Aug 02, 04:01:59
Quote from: Knowlegeseeker on 2014 Aug 02, 03:48:12

So you're saying Rarity has no friends and does not understand friendship? She sure could've fooled me with her being an element of harmony and such.

It's debatable if stallions can become alicorns. For me only mares can become or be born as such but it's just my opinion. Also friendship isn't the only thing that can turn you into alicon (other being love). Also we don't know how Tia and Luna are alicorns since they appear to have the bonus of slow aging.
There's no information about changeling to say for certain. If that's true, why doesn't she return and conquer the Crystal empire? Why Celestia leaves Cadence unsupervised if such a thing has happened to the previous alicorn of love?

It took Twilight a while to understand it completely.I think Twilight understands it more,since she used to not have any and she treasures it more because of that.I always assumed Celestia and Luna where born alicorns. Chrysalis might still be gathering the changlings from her last defeat.And hanging over someones shoulder is guaranteed to make them rebel.
  Also,we have no evidence that male alicorns can or can't exist.

Night Pony

I doubt Twilight is the sole alone unicorn in Equestria that didn't have friends.

If you consider the comics cannon (which I do). They already returned and defeated yet again.

ShadowHammer

Still a mercenary

Spark Lights

A bit busy at times

Kirru

So I'm curious... and I've never noticed anyone say this and never really been able to research it thus far....

If Twilight is now an Alicorn... Thus... Nearly Immortal... (Nearly.... Nearly) and she's the Princess of Friendship.... What's going to happen to the other Manes? They're normal ponies and will grow old and pass on... My hubby had a theoretical giggle talk about whether they would all advance to grow with her... Since they're part of the Elements now and all... I know there's no story on it so I'm asking speculation and references to hint at what would happen... Would she just become good friends and a guardian figure to their children and grandchildren? Forced to watch her friends pass away generation after generation? Seems a bit depressing for a Princess to me... Cadance is at least Love, which is easier but she seems to have a similar trial ahead of her... Shining Armor won't be around forever either... and I wouldn't see Cadance the kind of Pony to have a line of Stallions to go through.

Also how many centuries would it have taken for Celestia and Luna to get their sparkly flowing manes? We see Twilight get it for like a split second at the end of S4... Which was OMG pretty but Cadance herself is still pretty new to the Princess deal... and I'd love to see her mane with the sparkliness of love! and Yes I know this is all a display of power... It seems to be some sort of storage? for power possibly... I'm not dense in that factor.. Common sense is impeccable with these things. Just asking on again, speculation as to how long it took for them to accumulate enough power to have that.
White Pegasus with a baby or robins egg blue/white mane/tail. Long, not short. and ehhh 20% cooler than Rainbow Dash :P If any would like to give a shot at donating art for me? :D :D

Night Pony

One of the members of the team who makes the show (I forgot who) stated in twitter that Twilight will not outlive her friends. That means she does not have the lifespan like Celestia and Luna. Cadence being made into an alicorn like Twilight, probably would not outlive Shining Armor too.

Celestia and Luna on the other hand have been around for many and many of years. That allowed them to develop and grow in magical abilities and such have great magical power. That explains the flowy manes. There is a theory that Tia and Luna are born alicorns and such are different from made alicorns such as Twilight and Cadence.

Kirru

So she's also only a temporary conduit for magic? What will happen when Twilight passes in that case? It's all so... circulatory... She's like a conduit for magic yet will not be exceedingly long-lived... And the elements of harmony also... When the Six pass on who will take them up? for the generations to come I suppose? This whole storyline seems so complex that it can't be so simple o.o or it's so simple that it's complex... idk lol

Cadance would make sense though being in a generation that needed extra love and someone to push them in the right direction... especially with the Crystal Empire's backstory... but Twilight is different than that
White Pegasus with a baby or robins egg blue/white mane/tail. Long, not short. and ehhh 20% cooler than Rainbow Dash :P If any would like to give a shot at donating art for me? :D :D

Night Pony

The elements are in the tree, and can be taken in time by those who need them like when Celestia and Luna took them.
I don't know what will happen. I'm no story writer and I doubt the show will go on until their deaths.

Dawnstar

Considering Celestia and Luna were the previous bearers of the Elements before Luna's banishment, and how they passed on to the six afterward, it would make sense if the power of the Elements would pass on to future generations.

The book Journal of the Two Sisters would certainly favor the princesses having always been Alicorns. According to the book Starswirl apparently chose them to be Equestria's future rulers because they were Alicorns. Of course this is only if you want to consider the book cannon.

Also, I figure an Alicorn's height comes with age while their mane gives an indication of their magic strength. Height is easy to see of course, manes can probably be argued a little. However, I will point out that Cadence's mane is noticeably different from the average ponies with the extra gradients it has, and at the end of Canterlot Wedding when she taps into the (supposed) full strength of her special talent her mane starts flowing like Celestia's and Luna's. Seeing as how Twilight's did something similar at the end of season 4 I would theorize that if their manes don't end up flowing permanently like the older two's do because they're not born Alicorns, they do start to flow when they tap into the strongest parts of their power.

Of course this is all speculative opinion until if or when the writers decide to elaborate more on Alicorn powers.

Private Bucket

And yet another topic that will start an argument or so...
In topic: Alicorns are goddesses not gods take it like this first there are the lower class known as the "every day ponies" next there is the guards then the kings powerful but not too powerful moving on there are the immortals and now we are in the "above the cloud" layer next goddesses like celestia and finally the top God or Gods(Depending on what you believe in) that is all I can do
*Stabs a unicorn horn then leaves"
THE BRITISH ARE COMING

Ahri

I don't remember seeing Lauren Faust in the show? Did I miss an episode?
please don't attempt to message me, I don't want to be anyone's friend on here.

Chack

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2014 Aug 13, 22:36:35
Considering Celestia and Luna were the previous bearers of the Elements before Luna's banishment, and how they passed on to the six afterward, it would make sense if the power of the Elements would pass on to future generations.

The book Journal of the Two Sisters would certainly favor the princesses having always been Alicorns. According to the book Starswirl apparently chose them to be Equestria's future rulers because they were Alicorns. Of course this is only if you want to consider the book cannon.

Also, I figure an Alicorn's height comes with age while their mane gives an indication of their magic strength. Height is easy to see of course, manes can probably be argued a little. However, I will point out that Cadence's mane is noticeably different from the average ponies with the extra gradients it has, and at the end of Canterlot Wedding when she taps into the (supposed) full strength of her special talent her mane starts flowing like Celestia's and Luna's. Seeing as how Twilight's did something similar at the end of season 4 I would theorize that if their manes don't end up flowing permanently like the older two's do because they're not born Alicorns, they do start to flow when they tap into the strongest parts of their power.

Of course this is all speculative opinion until if or when the writers decide to elaborate more on Alicorn powers.

Adding on to the mane thing...
Spoiler: show
I remember noticing that Celestia's and Luna's hair stopped flowing once they gave their alicorn magic to Twilight in the Season 4 finale, possibly giving some more evidence that the flowing of the manes is connected to the power of their magic. I like to think of it as the time Goku and Gohan first started training in thier Super Saiyan forms in preparation of fighting Cell. It probably took some concentration to get used to doing constantly.
Wait for it...

Dark Hooves

this is an interesting topic, i have nothing to add to it at the moment, i am merely reading it
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

cloudwilk

Did anyone else here read 'The Journal of the Two Sisters'?

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Go Up