Explorers in the cold... (Jump in)

Started by Snowcraft_Pony, 2014 Jun 27, 10:03:04

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowcraft_Pony

Starlight eclipse trotted through the heavy snow of the Frostridge Valley slowly, muttering to herself. Looking back to her group she called to them. "Hurry up, you lot!" Her breath was heavy, and the puffs of war air created vapour clouds as Starlight breathed. A blizzard had started recently and there was a danger of hypothermia, something everypony wanted to avoid.

In the distance a ruined bunker was visible, remnants of the Equestrian Civil war that took place in the same valley about seventeen years ago. That's where the ponies set up their camp for the night. They lit the fire and sat around it, examining the bunker. It looked like New Lunar Republic architecture, and the remaining equipment showed signs of previous conflict. Swords, staves and a few disarmed explosives, along with a few days rations.

"Well... anypony got any stories?"

Grizzly

(( have anything against bat ponies? ))
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Chibalt

((I could ask the same for changelings))
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Grizzly

Fully wrapped in her winter gear Freya took a few final looks around their temporary shelter. The sound of cold winds outside racing across the frozen fields actually calmed her. She took off her eye protection to reviel yellow, almost glowing eyes, tipical of her kind. She unwrapped her snout and chook her head, destroying every doubt that she, in fact, was a bat pony. "Sorry, commander, i don't know many stories." She sighed and searched her saddlebag for some water provisions.

Snowcraft_Pony

Starlight sighed gently. "No need to call me commander, Freya." Starlight replied. After a quick sip of water Starlight got up and examined the equipment. "Useless..."

Grizzly

Freya took a sip from her water bottle and gives a listen to the icy winds, and the blizzard raging outside. "This is no weather for flying, anyone knows how long it's supposed to last?" She questioned.

(( sorry, i'm tired :c going to bed ))

TheMeanBunny

2014 Jun 27, 17:43:30 #7 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 27, 17:53:14 by TheMeanBunny
Snowleaf follows behind, "This blizzard is supposed to last for about a day." The snow crafting Pegasus looks around.

Post Merge

"But.. That doesn't mean there isn't another scheduled for tomorrow.." Snowleaf leans back and sighs.
My Impersonation of Queen Chrysalis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUr5FsGJVH4

My Pony Art, I love drawing, I might do drawings for people some day.
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13194.0

Snowcraft_Pony

Starlight looked down at her hooves, the floor inside was also snowy, a fact which displeased her slightly.
"Check upstairs will ya?" she asked her voice toneless.

Grizzly

Freya pulled her claw horse shoes out of her bag and put them on just to be prepared for anything. "On it." She said and walked upstairs, her bat wings were still wrapped, in this weather they were useless anyway.

(( can i describe what i find, or are you going to do it? ))

Snowcraft_Pony

((I will))

Upstairs Freya found an old Nee Lunar Republic banner and some more rations. The floor had notably less snow on it up there, and it was slightly warmer.

Downstairs Starlight shivered slightly, hypothermia becoming a issue for her.

Grizzly

"Come up hear, guys. It's warmer, and found some more food." Freya called and walked around. She took the banner and wrapped in into a ball, then looked for some wood, craters, boxes, ax handles, anything that would burn, setting up a fire place.

Snowcraft_Pony

Starlight smiled as she heard that, hurrying up the staircase. Her hooves made the sound of heavy cloping (No not that kind) as she walked. "Oh that's nicer than down there..." Starlight commented.

Grizzly

(( what? there's a different kind of clopping?  o.O  like other than *the sound of hooves on hard surface*??? What kind??? ))

Freya nodded, she was just about to spark a fire for them to get worm. "Weren't these bases warmed by a magic generator? Maybe it will still work, those things are sturdy." she suggested and rubbed her claw shoes against each other, creating sparks, hoping to ignite the banner by one of the sparks.

Snowcraft_Pony

((You don't wanna know...))

Starlight nodded shivering as the cold got to her. "Yes they were..." Starlight replied through heavy breaths.

Grizzly

Freya sighed as the sparks lit the banner on fire, the flames licking the gathered wood and warming the place several degrees, Freya beforehand cleared the place where she placed the fire of snow, so it would not melt and put the fire out. As the room warmed up Freya sat in front of the fire, her saddlebag next to her. Her eye protection was dangling around her neck, and the cloth protecting her from the harsh cold now loose enough to reveal her bat like wings.

Snowcraft_Pony

Starlight's shivering began to slowly fade as she looked around the group. Soaring Skies, you know any stories?"

"Hmm, no ma'am." a blue and
silver gryphon replied.

"No need to be so formal, Soaring. "

Grizzly

Freya sighed. "Ever heard the stories of the frozen hills?" she questioned and looked into the fire.

Snowcraft_Pony

"No I ain't." Soaring answered.

"Nope." Starlight exclaimed.

Grizzly

"So there's this one hill on the north border of Equestria. It's called the frozen hill, original name right?" Freya giggled a bit and continued. "I've heard that the hill saw many battles in the past. I could believe that since it is part of the border with the Griffon Kingdoms. Anyway, about a hundred years ago, during the bloodiest battle the hill has ever seen, a huge avalanche buried both sides. None of the soldiers survived, yet there was this little filly, barely 5, sitting on the buried battlefield. When they found her and questioned her, she said that the hill had enough of fighting, and that it will kill anyone who raises a weapon on her snowy field."

Go Up