2017 Jun 25, 11:40:07

Author Topic: Liberty Storm Production: Back and better than ever? 4/19  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Quizzicall

• I want more time to do 3D Modeling D: D: D:
    • View Profile
Weee done with the patrol and will be on land for a long time now so I can get back to doing what I love to do. Had to get a new computer since I couldn't bring my old comp, so I won't be able to finish the Timber Wolf unless I visit home to go get. TIME TO WORK ON SOMETHING ELSE NOW  ovO

Give me some critique which makes the world go round. :3
BE BRUTAL I'LL TAKE IT  ovO
Help me improve with your words of hate

Down below is finished or may not be finished and might finish later on who know?

Timberwolf
Spoiler
On hold till I can get old save

Manes n Tails n Stuff
Spoiler

I just have them on something like a Rarity Dress up thing since I can't do faces well.

Fonz
Spoiler
Was supposed to be something pretty different but halfway through it started to look like something that belonged with the Fonzie and thought it would be fun to keep going with that. I'm probably not going to make the tail for it. Mostly because I'm not exactly sure what to do for it.

Long Live the Fonz

Mohawk
Spoiler

Pompadore
Spoiler
The High res
http://p3d.in/W25dk

Later I might try and Retoppo it into a lower Polycount and maybe see how that goes.

Forgot to mention I've been using concept arts I found for these.

Pone by concept art
Spoiler
Worked on this for about 2 1/2 hours right now but I'm tired I'll do more later. I can't do face stuff good it turns out

I feel like i know exactly what i was doing until i got to the head. I need to work on heads more lol

Not my stuff but I did the UV mapping/Retopo and/or Paint

Spoiler

Bottom is before, and Top is after. Including paint

Just Paint

Paint and UV

I'd like to do a building of some sort but I can never get my hands on one :/
« Last Edit: 2017 Apr 19, 17:19:46 by Quizzicall »

Offline BludSpammd

• 3D Modeler
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty Storm Production *Edit* 6/18
« Reply #1 on: 2014 Jun 22, 01:22:15 »
Maya: Discontinued

Did you get the trial version?
I suggest you get the student version and continue learning to model. You're doing great so far.

Offline BludSpammd

• 3D Modeler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014 Jun 22, 05:14:12 »
Did you get the trial version?
I suggest you get the student version and continue learning to model. You're doing great so far.

I had AutoCad and advance AutoCad classes (which were colledge credits  :nod:) in high school and because of that I got ALL of student versions of the program. I was a  huge fast learner at it and I finished days before the rest of the class. After a year of college I got tired of waiting and cracked open the Maya and watched one tutorial video. After watching it I got an idea of the basics and made that model. Only problem is I learned I'm am better at constructive criticism than I am at tutorials. So I rather need a class or someone to quickly teach me about the tools.

Depending on what version you use, things can be named differently so older tutorials can be very outdated. I use Maya 2013 still since I know where most things are and I seem to get less crashes from it. If you have a lot of patience then just press F1 while in Maya to get everything about it, bit by bit.

I don't know how much you've learned so let me just go through the basics before going through the advanced stuff.

Quick commands:

Q - neutral mode
W - move
E - rotate
R - scale

F - moves your camera to focus on the selected object.

Great to know when you make complicated curves:
B - switches between soft selection and hard selection and can be edited on how smooth you want the falloff to be on the left column.
Hold B + click and drag mouse 1 (left click) - it changes the radius of the fallout scale

Alt + B - changes to different set of colored backgrounds
Ctrl + A - Brings out the sidebar to the right which is used usually to edit objects and rename meshes
Quick tap spacebar - changes view modes. Hover the mouse over the window you want to switch to and quick tap spacebar again to switch to it
Ctrl + spacebar - hides everything to get a more clean workspace. Press the same command again in order to go back to normal
Hold down spacebar - (for advanced users) Opens up the entire menu selection. It's easier and faster once you get more familiar with Maya

Look for this menu if you don't know where to find extrude, split polygon tool, bridge, etc. and just search the name and press enter:

I can write stuff all day, but it won't stick unless you try things out on your own and experiment. If there is something specific you're trying to find out then just ask, but mostly it goes faster by just googling it or checking the "Maya Help" menu bar.

The best advice I can give you though is to always save constantly in a new separate file every time you're about to or have done something major. On some files I've gotten over 30+ versions just in case I need to go back and grab something I liked better in the previous versions. It saves time. A lot of time...

I hope it helped.

Offline Quizzicall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014 Jun 22, 09:55:26 »
Using student 2013.
I use Alt+mouse1/2/3 for all my rotation, move and pan.
I learned to switch between the face/edge/etc. selection.
Extrude and Insert Edge Loop from the Edit Mesh menu.
Than lastly the Sculpt Geometry Tool.

Basically what I learned for the one vid.

P.S. I'm actualy getting quite good at 3D Coat and im making someing completely  different than the others. I think you will like the results.
I hope I didn't disappoint.
« Last Edit: 2014 Jun 22, 17:09:54 by Quizzicall »

Offline BludSpammd

• 3D Modeler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014 Jun 22, 17:29:20 »
P.S. I'm actualy getting quite good at 3D Coat and im making someing completely  different than the others. I think you will like the results.
I hope I didn't disappoint.

You are free to use whatever tool you want for 3D, but be advised that by sticking to a lesser known 3D software will be harder to find help or tutorials whenever you need it.

Offline Quizzicall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014 Jun 22, 17:41:16 »
You are free to use whatever tool you want for 3D, but be advised that by sticking to a lesser known 3D software will be harder to find help or tutorials whenever you need it.

One thing i wish it had is the Soft Selection Feature from Maya.

« Last Edit: 2014 Jun 22, 18:13:36 by Quizzicall »