Homepage CSS bug

Started by SparkX120, 2014 Apr 22, 04:00:06

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SparkX120

I noticed on the homepage "http://www.legendsofequestria.com/"; that the Article that lists the Download Locations had an overflow error with the Linux Magent URI.

To see the error, scroll down on the home page to the post I mentioned using Google Chromes current stable release. Also  noticeable in IE 11 and Firefox 27.0.1

I poked through Google Chrome Developer Tools and determined that if you add

overflow-wrap: break-word; /*Fix chrome display perfectly*/
overflow-x: hidden; /*Patch to hide problem in other browsers IE11 & Firefox until overflow-wrap is implemented (if it is)*/

to the style sheet containing #col1 article > div.content

it will fix the overflow problem. However this CSS tag is only valid in Google Chrome so use overflow-x: hidden  for other browser compatibility. Adding both tags should patch the problem and when the CSS attribute works in Firefox and IE the overflow-x will not be needed.

Hope this helps!

Warglebargle

Quote from: SparkX120 on 2014 Apr 22, 04:00:06
I noticed on the homepage "http://www.legendsofequestria.com/"; that the Article that lists the Download Locations had an overflow error with the Linux Magent URI.

To see the error, scroll down on the home page to the post I mentioned using Google Chromes current stable release. Also  noticeable in IE 11 and Firefox 27.0.1

I poked through Google Chrome Developer Tools and determined that if you add

overflow-wrap: break-word; /*Fix chrome display perfectly*/
overflow-x: hidden; /*Patch to hide problem in other browsers IE11 & Firefox until overflow-wrap is implemented (if it is)*/

to the style sheet containing #col1 article > div.content

it will fix the overflow problem. However this CSS tag is only valid in Google Chrome so use overflow-x: hidden  for other browser compatibility. Adding both tags should patch the problem and when the CSS attribute works in Firefox and IE the overflow-x will not be needed.

Hope this helps!

Is it fixed? If not, email LoE's dev team. I emailed them about information disclosure and they patched it pretty quickly.
I'm a part-server administrator/website developer/security researcher and part-brony.
IGN - Silver Skittles

Go Up