[Christmas Collab] Equestrian National Anthem

Started by Chrisgotjar, 2012 Oct 17, 08:49:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chrisgotjar

2012 Oct 17, 08:49:24 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 09, 12:08:37 by Electro-BLITZ
I've been listening to this song for a while and thought that it would be so awesome if we all got together and sung this for a Christmas special type thing.

I'm posting this up now to make sure there's enough time to get everything done before Christmas. I've never put together a project before so I'm not sure how long it will take.

Now for the rules/info:
1. Just your voice in the recording, none of the music or anything in the background because it'll sound strange when I mix everything together  ;)
2. Ideally I'd say send your recordings in .MP3 format but if you can't for some reason .Wav should be fine
3. Send your recordings to my E-mail: [email protected] with the subject being something along the lines of "LOE Christmas Collab"
4. There are eight Solo spots, the first taken by me, leaving seven spots open. Each is just a single singing line. Let me know if you want any of the solo lines (only one per person)
5. There is no limit to the choir the more the merrier  :D
6. Ideally I want everyone's recordings in by the end of November (30th) giving both you guys plenty of time to record and me plenty of time mix everything should anything go wrong.

I'd also like someone to do Fluttershy's "a one a two a one two three" so let me know if your interested in doing that.

Spoiler: Lyrics • show

Chrisgotjar:
Blessed bodies of the Heavens
Ryo D Disk:
Sun and Moon of greatest light
Legulus:
Bathe us in your warm embraces
Solo 4:
Shield us with your peerless might
Starsong:
Help us to stand firm as mountains
Cutiebone:
Doing right and shunning wrong
Julius:
May we find our strength in friendship
Tekner:
Unite our herd as one group strong.

Everyone:
Kindness save our herd from sorrow
Laughter lift us through the day
Honesty shall purge our anger
Generous we'll be our way
Loyal to our roots remain us
Day by day the magic swells.
Love and tolerance shall lead us
O'er the seas and hills and dells.

Guys:
In brotherhood we stand together

Gals:
In sisterhood may we find grace

Everyone:
The Sun and Moon shall ever guide our
Never ending pony race!
Why should we fear threats of discord
Standing now all here as one?
We shall find our strength in friendship
Herd unite as one group strong
Unite our herd as one group strong

If anyone has any questions or have noticed anything I've forgotten to mention don't be afraid to give me a bell through either PM or on this thread  :D

I'll update this post as time goes on.

Electro-BLITZ ~ Topic Locked For inactivity
You appear to be reading a signature my good sir/madam.

Julius

2012 Oct 17, 10:28:44 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 17, 10:33:47 by Julius
While I'm not really a fan of this particular song because of it's vocals (That voice...), I like the idea. Not only that, but with our voices combined, it'll make something awesome that I'm sure I'll like.

So why not?

Leave Solo 7 to me partner! :]

I should be getting a new microphone in about a week, so I shall record then.
Purr~

Tekner

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 17, 10:28:44
While I'm not really a fan of this particular song because of it's vocals (That voice...)
Fortunately for me, my voice sounds extremely similar to his when I choose to sing low, so this is a rather suiting song. I've just been doing pop songs this whole time, which isn't the easiest because of my singing style. I like dis idea!

Legulus

I support this idea as well. It'd be nice to do something like this for the holidays ^-^

I guess I'll take solo 3.
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

Julius

Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Oct 17, 13:11:51
Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 17, 10:28:44
While I'm not really a fan of this particular song because of it's vocals (That voice...)
Fortunately for me, my voice sounds extremely similar to his when I choose to sing low, so this is a rather suiting song. I've just been doing pop songs this whole time, which isn't the easiest because of my singing style. I like dis idea!

But I like your voice, I just find this guy's voice odd for whatever reason.
Purr~

Billow Pillow

Defiantly out of my league of singing! Should be interesting none the less, good luck everyone!  :D
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Tekner

2012 Oct 17, 17:29:09 #6 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 17, 20:23:01 by Tekner
Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 17, 16:05:53
But I like your voice, I just find this guy's voice odd for whatever reason.
But that voice feels kind of fake-ish, that is, when I try to sing in a pop-style like I've been doing for the other songs. I have a loud, deep voice, so trying to sing in a higher pitch, fast, and quietly (else I'd disturb my room-mates/dorm-mates) is really awkward for me. If I sing loud enough, I eventually kinda sound like how Sprocket sings (opera-esque.) That's the point I'm trying to make.

EDIT: I'm in the middle of making the sheet music for all the intros. I also have an instrumental to go with it for anyone who thinks having the notes to the lyrics would be handy. Stay tuned! The sheet music looks a little wonky and some of the notes may have the wrong noted duration because I basically pieced together screenshots from GarageBand to make the sheet music :I. Still, it's readable and understandable. Here is the link to the sheet music and actual music for the solos. Let me know if this is helpful or useful!

Ryo_D_Disk

Im just posting to keep track though i shall fully admit I shall only support rather than help im afraid ^-^

LaptopCommandStation

Interesting

I think i'm gonna cover this song myself before I decide/let you all decide whether or not i'll pitch in.  I like the fact the voice is low, i've been practicing my low voice  :D

Chrisgotjar

Alrighty! That's Julius on Solo 7 and Legulus on Solo 3

Great to hear that everyone likes this idea  :]

Now to address some things

*Director mode activated*

When I imagine the finished version of this project I imagine it being with people with all kinds of ranges and not everyone sounding the same as the guy in the actual song, kinda like the happy smile project Y'know the one I still haven't sung for yet

I also have a few ideas for making it a video which moves me nicely over to Tekner's Instrumental and sheet music. To be honest... I have no idea how to use sheet music  :c however the instrumental I have a couple of ideas for. If the video idea goes ahead instead of using it for the solo's I'm currently thinking of using it as an intro before the collab song starts

Due to lack of time on my end as I'm writing this I'll just say this to LaptopCommandStation, Lyra Heartstrings and Ryo:

Joooooiiiiiiinnnnn uuuuuuuuuusssssssss

...that is all

*Director mode ends*

I did have a little more to say but I'm out of time at the moment.

Look forward to hearing from y'all  ^-^

Ryo_D_Disk

well then i shall consider joining but scince i seem to jump into nearly all of these projects Im going to give others chance to join first ((because well im a bad singer who loves the audio threads)) ovO

Little Star

Solo 5 maybe? I could also do the one two three thingy :D

Julius

Quote from: Chrisgotjar on 2012 Oct 18, 04:18:18
When I imagine the finished version of this project I imagine it being with people with all kinds of ranges and not everyone sounding the same as the guy in the actual song, kinda like the happy smile project Y'know the one I still haven't sung for yet

Due to lack of time on my end as I'm writing this I'll just say this to LaptopCommandStation, Lyra Heartstrings and Ryo:

Joooooiiiiiiinnnnn uuuuuuuuuusssssssss

...that is all

Eeyup! Just what I was thinking! :]
Purr~

Tekner

Quote from: Chrisgotjar on 2012 Oct 18, 04:18:18
I also have a few ideas for making it a video which moves me nicely over to Tekner's Instrumental and sheet music. To be honest... I have no idea how to use sheet music  :c however the instrumental I have a couple of ideas for. If the video idea goes ahead instead of using it for the solo's I'm currently thinking of using it as an intro before the collab song starts
I usually do that for songs if the lyric notes are unclear, as is the case here because of Sprocket's singing style. I figured I'm not the only one who has a hard time hearing some of the notes, so I decided to share it. I can get the rest of the lyrics and (if you want) the instrumental. I don't usually do this and am not sure how long it'll take (it won't take that long, though. I have a good ear.) I also need to make sure I have my homework done first ^-^.

Also I'll take 8. I like 2, 4, and 8, but I think 8 would be best for my voice.

Ryo_D_Disk

((tell you what if the space is still open in a few days ill take part 2  ovO))

Doctor Light

Let me try Flutteryshy's a-one a-two a-one two three. Wait, I'm a guy... WILL STILL TRY.
Hey, I like Doctor Who, writing, playing and singing music, badminton, and MLP.

Little Star

Cutiebone

I think I'll might wanna try solo 6, but I'm not sure.. save me a spot?
Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

Chrisgotjar

2012 Oct 21, 05:30:54 #18 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 21, 05:49:13 by Chrisgotjar
Sorry for the delay, stuff's been going on, on my end. Just to let you all know I may be a bit unresponsive over the next week but after that things should rev up.

Alrighty so Starsong you've got Solo 5 and Cutiebone's got Solo 6
Solo 2 goes to you Ryo and Tekner you got 8.

That leaves just one Solo left (4)

Quote from: StarSong on 2012 Oct 18, 08:49:42
...I could also do the one two three thingy :D

Go for it!

Quote from: Doctor Light on 2012 Oct 19, 11:24:47
Let me try Flutteryshy's a-one a-two a-one two three. Wait, I'm a guy... WILL STILL TRY.

Recieved it. I'll send you an E-mail about it.

Edit: E-mail sent

LaptopCommandStation

Should I join up?

Here's my trial(Question, solos?  I have no idea what parts others are claiming as I can't seem to differentiate between solos.....)

No, that wouldn't be my final, nor my part from the looks of it..., but it would be close to that, and yes, i know you want recordings without music, but this is my trial...

Go Up