3D, 2D, Concept Art, Writing, Design, and Programming departments recruiting!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jul 02, 01:11:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

tehflah

2 Questions:

• Are we allowed to apply to multiple positions or is that frowned upon?

• For the programming position, is it okay to submit executable examples of things we've worked on or would it be better to post a video of it in action? I have prior work on programming a 3D engine/game that I could showcase. I'm just uncertain as to how to go about showing it to you.

Now to get cracking writing applications!  ovO

Tekner

Quote from: tehflah on 2013 Jul 17, 19:11:09
2 Questions:

• Are we allowed to apply to multiple positions or is that frowned upon?

• For the programming position, is it okay to submit executable examples of things we've worked on or would it be better to post a video of it in action? I have prior work on programming a 3D engine/game that I could showcase. I'm just uncertain as to how to go about showing it to you.

Now to get cracking writing applications!  ovO
Whatever you think best shows your work. Source code would be preferred, however.

tehflah

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Jul 18, 16:43:43
Whatever you think best shows your work. Source code would be preferred, however.

Ah okay. The hangup I was having was with the ability for what I submitted to be compilable, since it's fairly reliant on some libraries to be present during compile. But I'm probably completely missing the point of the sample. X3

Alrighty. I'll try to get something submitted later today. Might end up being tonight depending on how busy I am at work today or if I can squeeze it into my lunch break or something.

Thank you for the response!

FanofRainbowDash

InsertCoolUsernameHere

Quote from: FanofRainbowDash on 2013 Jul 29, 10:24:06
Who won?

As of yet, no one. At least, not in the writing department. I haven't really been following the other departments  o_o

sky sketch

I don't think the other departments have had there competions yet if they are have one that is :)
I'm a coming sandwich
[move][/move]

the Wardrobe

This is probably a ridiculous question, but does the writing sample sent have to be a complete story, or could it be part of a story?

Tommy73103

I don't think it needs to be a full-story, the important is that you show how good you are at writing no matter how :D

the Wardrobe

Thanks  :D . Well, sent my application in for writing.  ^-^ Good luck to everyone!

NebulaMist

As I don't have the skills to apply,I have one question that had been in my head for quite of time...

Can we apply for a post for an amount of time ?

What I mean is that (for exemple) we can work on the project for,let's say, 3 months and after we can't because of life n' stuff but we want to help on speeding up the project.

Is it allowed or not ?
I'm everywhere,
If you can see me,I won't be there anymore,
I'm one of the Slender Pony's fan.
So catch me if you can~
(If you think that I stole this picture from DarkRioluKiraya,then ask me. I'm the one who did it. :V)

Tekner

Quote from: NebulaMist on 2013 Aug 08, 10:23:01
As I don't have the skills to apply,I have one question that had been in my head for quite of time...

Can we apply for a post for an amount of time ?

What I mean is that (for exemple) we can work on the project for,let's say, 3 months and after we can't because of life n' stuff but we want to help on speeding up the project.

Is it allowed or not ?

We're all volunteers and if any of us have to leave for a period of time, or for good, it's always understood. If you know that you can only work for so long at the time of your interview, make sure it's known so the team lead can keep that in mind and find a replacement for when you're gone.

NebulaMist

I'm everywhere,
If you can see me,I won't be there anymore,
I'm one of the Slender Pony's fan.
So catch me if you can~
(If you think that I stole this picture from DarkRioluKiraya,then ask me. I'm the one who did it. :V)

Elira_

Quote from: katikas on 2013 Jul 04, 05:03:47
If I had more experience with meshes and items in Feral Heart (not trying to go off topic here  X3 ) then I would send an e mail or whatever, but I know nothing about those...  :c

I'd try to help, but I don't know how to do much.  X3

Oh and the reason I'm quoting this. I play FH. :D  ^-^

Story of my life.

StormChaser

I sent my application in for a designer. I'm crossing my fingers for a chance to work with you all.  X3

Asterian Starfall

Wait, is writing hiring again? If so, when's the deadline for submissions?
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

HerpyDooves

THERE! I'm 16 now, but I'll just apply for a job the next time you guys are applying... I already went for a position, but it wouldn't feel right applying again. :P

Skycrashed

Ok, so you have to be 16?What if you were under yet fairly good at writing?I'd really like to sign up for something like this at the fact that it may help my writing quailty.
:o

Asterian Starfall

Pardon, but is the writing team hiring again, or am I misunderstood?
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Ramisha

I would really love to join the 2d team- but I am under 16 years....and I don't have much time.... and the recruitment isn't open now probably.... :c

Moore Tides

Hey all,

I applied to cerebrate a few days ago, for the programming position. I hope to be working with you soon.
O:

Go Up